** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NHL ice hockey - Wed 26/10

Re: NHL ice hockey - Wed 26/10 Can't find any bright ideas today. Like you said there is many big favorites to win. Buffalo´'s money line odds are anyway too low (1,38). They are even so low that I have to turn it other way. Even if I though that Buffalo will win this at 70% probability, laying them @ 1,4 will be good bet. (Lay @ 1,4 equals backing Washington @ 3,5.) Most probably wrong but I have to try this: Washington-Buffalo, lay 2 (ml) @ 1,4 @ Bf

Re: NHL ice hockey - Wed 26/10

Washington are hopeless' date=' mate, their only chance is the big man between the pipes - Olaf Kolzig - if he gets the nod (not sure right now as the goalie info site hasn't updated as yet).[/quote'] I totally agree. They are hopeless. Kolzig and Ovechkin are their bright lights. Only real chance for them to win this is Buffalos bad attitude (cause also they realize how weak Capitals are) and that is what I count on today that much that I give 30% for Buffalo not to win this. :hope

Re: NHL ice hockey - Wed 26/10 Only two plays today. As said above, most favs should oblige topday and this is nothing I would like to have a bet on. Would fancy Calgary, but not @ that price and maybe Buf -1.5, but hate these caps. Nothing to be found in the totals markets either. YTD 10-8-0, +4.55 pts, +17.50% yield Tampa Bay (ML) to bt NEW JERSEY @ 2.02 - 2 PTS *Pinnacle* L4 H2Hs won - this just sums it up. L10 H2Hs 8-2 in TB's favour. If you believe in fortune telling, there is a nice pattern of TB's matches - WLWL - now (? - should be W). Both teams off a loss. TB 4-5 so far and 2-2 on the road (also 1-0 on 3 or more days' rest). NJ 4-4, 3-1 @ home and also 0-1 3 or more days' rest. TB's Grahame has a better rating than NJ's Brodeur and rightly so as Brodeur simply sucks and allows quite a few easy goals. Boston Bruins (ML) to bt CAROLINA CANES @ 2.19 - 1 PT *Pinnacle* MADE A MISTAKE IN THE PRICE ON SPORTS-PUNTER - THIS ONE IS CORRECT, NOT THE 2.06 OVER THERE Hmm - Boston have let me down already this season, but I feel they are in with a chance yet again. Both teams have beaten rather lowly opposition than decent rivals so far with the only exception in Carolina's last game as they came back from two down to beat mighty Ottawa. This win could play into my cards today as they are likely to be still in their seventh heaven insted of the place where they should be - the ice rink. General form of both is nothing special - Boston 4-6, Carolina 5-3. L 10 H2Hs were 4-4-2 so evenly matched. Boston off a tough loss to Toronto, Carolina off two wins (Ottawa, Wash). Gerber of Carolina can boat a bit better rating than Raycroft of Boston. I admit this pick may not be as strong as my other picks are, but just can't resist taking advantage of a probable letdown of the Canes. Best of luck whatever you play.;)

Re: NHL ice hockey - Wed 26/10 Boston @ Carolina: Carolina are a very underrated team in the NHL, they maybe unfashionable but they play good solid hockey, Eric Staal can turn into one of the NHL's top offensive players and there's no doubt that his point a game season in the AHL with Lowell did the world of good after failing to live upto his promise in his rookie season, along with evergreen Rod Brind'Amour he is the leader of this team, no doubt. Boston are a decent team though, Thornton is arguebly one of the top 10 players in the NHL and is complemented by a lot a decnt teammates, however they have not gelled that well so far and Carolina's 9 points from a possible 10 in their last 5 means I have to take them here Tampa @ NJ: This is too tough for me to call for a result however I'm willing to put some cash on the line for the over. Brodeur is having a rough start ( I think you're a bit harsh saying he sucks though Tulenos, I'm not gonna give the Vezina to a guy going 8-0 with a 1.50 GAA now nor am I gonna pan a guy because he's had a tough start ) and I have to play on that because it's his current form. Tampa have plenty of weapons as we know from '04 and I see this having plenty of goals. Carolina @ 2.31 (regulation win) @ Betfair. 3 pts TB @ NJ Over 5.5 goals @ 1.91 @ Betfair. 3 pts Season to date: 2-2-0 Staked 12pts Returns 18.7pts. Yield: 55.83% Good luck all!!! :cheers

Brodeur is having a rough start ( I think you're a bit harsh saying he sucks though Tulenos
OK, maybe it's a bit harsh on him, but his current form is really poor. And the defence doesn't help him either. It's simply worth opposing him hwen in the net. What's more, he is 0-4-2 vs. TB;) One question, effigy - when did you place your Carolina bet? The game had already started when you posted it here... I'm not challenging your honesty (it was a matter of some six minutes anyway), but it is best to post your plays some time before the game starts as those interested in your thoughts should have been given a chence to read them.;)

Re: NHL ice hockey - Wed 26/10 1-1 night for me with the main pick of Tampa winning comfortably (also outshot the opponent 39-23 and poor Brodeur suffered a minor injury too) and Boston being edged out in OT. Generally it was a night of upsets (dogs won each game bar the Carolina one:() YTD 11-9, +5.59 pts, +19.28% yield:) Well done with the Buf lay, Mixer and well done effigy with the over.;)

Re: NHL ice hockey - Wed 26/10 Thanks mates,

You got one back there Mixer. Sabres outshoot by the caps' date=' talk about bad motivation:eek[/quote'] Yes, I think that was it and shotstatistics indeed indicate that. Sweet win anyway. :nana YTD NHL 8-8, +6,9 points, Yield 43%.

One question' date=' effigy - when did you place your Carolina bet? The game had already started when you posted it here... I'm not challenging your honesty (it was a matter of some six minutes anyway), but it is best to post your plays some time before the game starts as those interested in your thoughts should have been given a chence to read them.;)[/quote'] Put it on about 5 minutes before it started, I usually get my info on here in the evening but someone at work was sick and even though I'd been there since 10am other staff had mysteriously misplaced their phones :@ so only got out late. But I'll be getting them in early whenever I can :ok . Nice Tampa pick too.