** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Jumps Season Notebook 05/06

Please feel free to include any horses in here that you think will do better next time out or were unlucky in running or perhaps will keep winning. I will try to keep an updated list of all the horses etc The aim is to assist all ATR punters in selecting thier horses for upcoming fixtures. Personally, I will be adding horses that i note which will head to Cheltenham in March which is the ultimate aim for me this jumps season.

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 hello bowles, recently, at the races interviewed 21 jockeys and asked them each to name one horse that they are looking most forward to racing over the jumps. i wrote them down and have been following this list for a bit. so far 5 of them have run and all 5 have won. here is the list: iris's gift - tony mccoy -won- bob bob bobbon - joe tizzard overserved - andrew parker leading contender - paddy brenan -won- nerone - peter monteith arumun - t scudamore ballygaran - (didnt catch the jokeys name) -won- eye on the ball - (" ") vicanor - (" ") one cool cookie - (" ") chabrimal minster - richard ford -won- big bone - brough scott baron monty - richard mcgrath nick junior - evan williams rasharrow - tony dobbin -won- vic the piler - nicky richard colonel frank - brendan powell almire du lia - sue brad burne toon trooper - richard lee tiger king - wilson renwick patricks nineteenth - tom doyle just a few that are worth a look at.. cheers!

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 A follow up to Tezzas posts. Nick Junior ran on Weds in the race won by Iris's Giftand pulled up at the 15th fence. Here are Racing Post entries for the horses in Tezzas list. Bob Bob Bobbin 29th Oct Lingfield 1st Nov Worcester Nerone 30th Oct Carlisle Arumun 31st Oct Plumpton One Cool Cookie 29th Oct Naas 30th Oct Wexford Baron Monty 30th Oct Carlisle Iris's Gift 30th Oct Carlisle Toon Trooper 1st Nov Worcester

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 Thanks WFTE i couldnt find the entries for a few of them, TOON TROOPER is one im particulaly waiting for as it was highly praised by richard lee. one bit of advice tho is ONLY back these over the jumps, NERONE came out at 100-1 a little while back on the flat, i had a bit each way on it but it didnt run a race, lets hope he was just trying to get it fit for when he does venture over the jumps again. cheers fellers for the welcome, tez. p.s was firing big time yesterday, got 4 lucky 15's in, a treble, the lingfield placepot and my nap one!! so not a bad day. thanks again.

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 Bit lower down the chain this one ran in a seller at Sedgefield last time and is definitley a winner without a penalty, beaten 1l 1/2, at the second fence jumped right up the back of the horse in front and went from 3rd or 4th to last, must have been 25 L ish off the pace, but came through in a circuit to snatch 2nd always staying on, think this should have been one of the easiest winners of the day at my local course, this will be winning next time out in a similarly weak race.

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 OLLIE MAGERN looks a serious contender this season for the big prizes after starring in the Charlie Hall chase yesterday. Will no doubt be in many horses to follow lists now. Trainer admitted they will go for the order of merit prizes this season & i think the next one is at Cheltenham (Betfair chase?). INGLIS DREVER proved yesterday what an out & out stayer it is, winning comfortably with a cloud hanging over its stable as well. The way it travelled during the race leads me to believe the horse will be even better than last year & 5/2 for the World hurdle looks a great fav's price even 5 months before the festival.

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06

Bit lower down the chain this one ran in a seller at Sedgefield last time and is definitley a winner without a penalty' date=' beaten 1l 1/2, at the second fence jumped right up the back of the horse in front and went from 3rd or 4th to last, must have been 25 L ish off the pace, but came through in a circuit to snatch 2nd always staying on, think this should have been one of the easiest winners of the day at my local course, this will be winning next time out in a similarly weak race.[/quote'] STP, cant see the name of the horse?:sad

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 Tom George has given these as his best horses to follow for the season: IDLE TALK THE PIKER WIND INSTRUMENT Idle talk ran in todays 2.50 race and won at 7-2. Also keep an eye on Star de Mohaison, different class and will win a few races this season without a doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

hello bowles, recently, at the races interviewed 21 jockeys and asked them each to name one horse that they are looking most forward to racing over the jumps. i wrote them down and have been following this list for a bit. so far 5 of them have run and all 5 have won. here is the list: iris's gift - tony mccoy -won- bob bob bobbon - joe tizzard overserved - andrew parker :clap leading contender - paddy brenan -won- :clap nerone - peter monteith arumun - t scudamore ballygaran - (didnt catch the jokeys name) -won- eye on the ball - (" ") vicanor - (" ") one cool cookie - (" ") chabrimal minster - richard ford -won- big bone - brough scott baron monty - richard mcgrath nick junior - evan williams rasharrow - tony dobbin -won- :clap vic the piler - nicky richard colonel frank - brendan powell almire du lia - sue brad burne toon trooper - richard lee tiger king - wilson renwick patricks nineteenth - tom doyle just a few that are worth a look at.. cheers!
3 more winners this week tezza:ok

• 3 weeks later...

INGLIS DREVER proved yesterday what an out & out stayer it is, winning comfortably with a cloud hanging over its stable as well. The way it travelled during the race leads me to believe the horse will be even better than last year & 5/2 for the World hurdle looks a great fav's price even 5 months before the festival.
won last week at Newbury beating Barracouda (8/13 fav):clap

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 Looking further afeild to navan on Saturaday the last race could be of great Intrest , I can remember seeing Saddleeruppat Win a race in Ireland last year and I’ve been waiting for this to make its hurdling debut. However Joanna Morgan has opted to go for this grade 2 bumper and could be a juicy price both for this race and some of big novice races at the Cheltenham and Punchestown festivals .:dude

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 Myself - not sure what to make of Tipper Road, won on the 4th of February after more than one year, over 2 miles, ran three times since then, always left wanting - three times second in a row. It's a 5yo a most probably has something left in the tank. No know entries right now, but I'm pretty sure will go off @ a nice price - was obviously fancied when young and the first two wins came @ 9/10 and 2/1. earlier this month he won (for ralphie as well) @ 16/1 (but still proved very expensive for followers as he ran loads of times last year w/o a win). HAs two flat wins and two over hurdles out of 30/13 - ie 43 starts. Yet, the form of 1222 ain't bad and maybe following this (1/2 Irish, 1/4 Polish) rag might pay off;)

• 1 month later...

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 Forgot about this one in the meantime (was probably out of home when it ran anyway), but it turned out good luck in the end - finished 12th at Naas following a win and three seconds on the trot as stated above. The price was nothing special either (11/2). This week - 1st April - Tipper Road is entered in the See You In Cardiff Handicap @ 5.15 @ Limerick so we'll see (a five day declaration right now);) The race is significantly shorter than any other this year (1m3f compared to 2m).

Tom George has given these as his best horses to follow for the season: IDLE TALK THE PIKER WIND INSTRUMENT Idle talk ran in todays 2.50 race and won at 7-2. Also keep an eye on Star de Mohaison, different class and will win a few races this season without a doubt.
Star de Mohaison is due to run at Aintree. I'll be following this along with Voy Por Ustedes and My Way De Solzen. All very classy and worth a punt.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Jumps Season Notebook 05/06 Runs again on Wednesday - 1 furlong shorter race, but judging by somments it shouldn't be a mojor prob

driven along and outpaced early, progress into mid-division approaching straight, improved to challenge under 2f out, led 1f out, stayed on well