Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg

Good Luck All Have had an outright bet in the St Petersburg Open on THOMAS JOHANSSON @ 13-2 [Victor Chandler]. 0.50pt Each/Way with a view to hedge on Betfair round by round.Is a past winner and looks to have a favourable draw.
Johannsson is through to the Semi Finals,and can now be hedged for a guaranteed profit on Betfair @ 3.5:)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Yep, you came on on top in that one MR, though Acasuso was a set and a break up before losing it . Then he was 5-4 up in the second tie break and with two serves to come. And Santoro cantered in against spadea, so a frustrating day for me. Starting bank; 100 pts Profit: - 0.29 pts Current bank: 99.71 pts

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg SCHNYDER v Ivanovic @ 1.4 StanJames Taking this early price as I can't see anything coming out higher. I expect(ed) a lot of 1.33. We saw this match up last week and it was extremely simple for Schnyder. Ivanovic only has one way to play and it doesn't match up at all. Schyder has continued playing well this week. Saw Ivanovic playing Golovin yesterday and it should have been really prett but it wasn't:$. Can definately see this being as straightforward as last week. Also interested in Nalbandian, Gonzalez and Johansson but will wait for a more competitive market.

Ancic took a set off Safin in the Aussie. Took at set off Roddick in Davis Cup in America. Took a set off Federer in Miami. I think I've made my points about Ancic already - just to add if he plays like he did against Blake in the first round then Roddick is going home. Who says I make Roddick top 5?;) To be honest I don't like ranking players like that, but if everyone was 'fairly' fit and playing 'fairly' well: Federer Nadal Safin Hewitt then Roddick/Coria/Ljubicic/Agassi all pretty level depending on the surface:\ Anyway, we'll see:D
Minar, Ljubicic(3 times), Ferrero, Kiefer, Gasquet, Safin(well, he did it at Halle which is pretty impressive for someone who claims he can't play on the stuff meant for cows to graze on) all took a set off Federer. As for Safin, Dent, Labadze, Novak, Dlouhy, Sluiter and Canas all took a set off him this year as well. Oh, and Safin did just manage the small little feat of winning the Aussie Open. So what am I supposed to conclude from those stats? So what's the stats all about? Considering how close the matches went between them, Ljubicic should be ranked much closer to Federer, shouldn't he? So much for relying on stats then - A Rod took that 6-4, 6-4, so I rest my case :lol . Put it this way, if you wanted to rank players in such a politically correct manner, there's hardly any ranking to talk about besides the one which says Federer is no.1 regardless of the surface. Nadal world no.2? Try asking him to play an entire year's tennis on grass. Safin no.3? Depends on which Safin you're talking about... I don't think it's rocket science to work out after Federer, Safin/Nadal/Hewitt/Roddick(in no clear order of preference) are pretty much streets ahead of the rest(and incidentally, each one of those 4 have a single surface which they profess to struggle on so guess that pretty much evens things out) when they're fully fit. In a nutshell, all I tried to say was simply Ancic doesn't belong in Roddick's class - and from what I can gather from your own rankings, you pretty much concur with that as well...

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Nalbandian to win Davidoff Swiss - 4/5 at VCbet. Bandy has been a finalist here in the last 3 years, beating Gonzalez in one of the finals. Looks in good nick at the moment. Could face Gonzalez again tomorrow, and the Cuban has looked pretty good this week too. Still fancy Bandy to have too much. 25 pts. Roddick to win Lyon grand prix 1/2 Ladbrokes Not exactly in great shape, Roddick, but should have too much for the remaining Frenchmen in this tournament. A bit of a short price, but if he is 1/5 today and 1/4 tomorrow then the price is correct. 20 pts Current bank: 99.71 pts

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg NALBANDIAN v Baghdatis @ 1.20 StanJames 15pts I'm quite prepared to take Bandy at 1.20 for the second time this week. He's playing really well and took care of Srichaphan very nicely. Baghdatis, after a couple of good matches, was very poor against Acasuso. I can't see anything that he does that is going to hurt Nalbandian here. GONZALEZ v Hrbaty @ 1.625 Pinnacle 4.8pts Very impressed with the way Gonzalez performed yesterday against Murray:clap. Conversely, I thought Hrbaty was shit against Vliegen. I think Gonzalez will be able to take Hrbaty out of his comfort zone in this one. T JOHANSSON v Verdasco @ 1.53 Ladbrokes 5.66pts Johansson is playing very well in the past month and in St Petersberg he has really performed. He took out Rusedski quite straightforwardly so should be used to the big lefty serve that Verdassco would bring. Johansson has a lot more to offer from the back than Verdasco and should create a lot more chances in this one.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Totally unbelievable (not to mention expensive) that Bandy lost in straight sets to Baghdatis. Must have been the weight of my money. Better add one that's about to start. Gonzalez to bt Hrbaty 8/13 Should come out on top. No time for further explanation, sorry. 40 pts

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Some sense is returned to the world as Gonzalez has an easy win against Hrbaty. 24.62 pts profit from that to offset the very disappointing loss of Nalbandian earlier. Starting bank: 100 pts Profit/Loss: -0.67 pts Current bank: 99.33 pts Roddick outright bet to come. Can't see Monfils beating him, if Roddick manages to beat Santoro.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Looks like the disease(aka losing streak) that plagued me over the last few weeks have proved contagious and seem to have affected quite a few this week... :rollin Wait for Paris, guys... :tongue2

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg :puke SCHNYDER v Ivanovic @ 1.4 StanJames :D WON profit 3pts NALBANDIAN v Baghdatis @ 1.20 StanJames 15pts :@ LOST loss 15pts GONZALEZ v Hrbaty @ 1.625 Pinnacle 4.8pts :D WON profit 3pts T JOHANSSON v Verdasco @ 1.53 Ladbrokes 5.66pts :D WON profit 3pts Why wait for Paris? Madrid was shite:cry

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg GONZALEZ v Baghdatis @ 1.36 Ladbrokes 8.33pts After coming through qualifying and the main draw Baghdatis must be feeling a little tired. He has shown signs of cramp in his last two matches. Cannot see him lasting the distance against the much more experienced opponent. Gonzalez again impressed greatly in the semis and I cannot see him having too many problems here. T JOHANSSON v Kiefer @ 1.80 StanJames 3.75pts To be honest, this game should be close. They both play a similar style to a similar level and this is reflected in the H2H at 3-3. The main part of this bet is against Kiefer and his terrible record in finals. He's lost something like his last 8 or 9 - including a terrible loss to Andreev a few weeks ago after being a set and double break up. Bottler?:D

T JOHANSSON v Kiefer @ 1.80 StanJames 3.75pts To be honest, this game should be close. They both play a similar style to a similar level and this is reflected in the H2H at 3-3. The main part of this bet is against Kiefer and his terrible record in finals. He's lost something like his last 8 or 9 - including a terrible loss to Andreev a few weeks ago after being a set and double break up. Bottler?:D
30pts N Kiefer to beat T Johansson (2.22 @ Betfair) First bet of the week for me here. This looks massive for me - Johansson in recent times has looked a pale shadow of the reliable and consistent figure he has been known to be prior to this year's Wimbledon IMO. Two of the most shocking performances(by his standards I must stress) I've witnessed over the last couple of weeks must be his defeat to Srichaphan in Stockholm from leading a set up and the hard grafted win over Verdasco yesterday. There's little question who's the more gifted and intelligent player here(aka Kiefer), but I feel Kiefer can sometimes be too inconsistent for his own good, really. That said, I still can't see anything to justify him starting at anything over evens. On his day, Kiefer will easily give anyone - maybe bar Federer and Nadal(not on grass though as I think Kiefer will sweep the Spaniard off in a jiffy) - a game and he certainly has the beating of a very inconsistent and out-of-form Johansson.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Will try to get in profit for the week: Gonzalez to bt Baghdatis 4/11 Ladbrokes Trying to think of any way Baghdatis can win, but failing. Mind you, I thought that yesterday vs Nalbandian. Bandy played pretty well in the second set, still can't fathom how he lost it. Anyhow, Gonzalez swept Hrbaty off the court, and a repeat performance would see him win today. Whether Baghdatis can play five sets at a consistent intensity is doubtful, having already played 8 matches in the tournament, or something like. 22 points.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Will Schnyder win 2-0? NO @ 1.485 Pinnacle 6.19pts I fancy this one to be pretty tight. The H2H is 4-2 to Schnyder with all of her 4 wins being in 3 sets. The two times Petrova have won have also been the two times they have played indoors. There were really clear wins (6-2 6-0 and 6-2 6-2) however Patty wasn't playing so well in the build up to these. Both these ladies have been playing well this week and as stated I expect a tight game, possibly with Petrova winning. Schnyder can also be a bit of a bottler, and a dodgy display today would be very nice:tongue2. The 2.26 on Petrova to win has some appeal, but I like this one, think it is pretty safe, should be closer to 1.30-1.35.

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Roddick won easily v Monfils, as expected. A 10 pt profit from that so: Current bank: 109.33 pts Profit: +9.33 pts Gonzalez has lost the first set though, in a tie break with Baghdatis. Amazing. Still think he can pull through.

30pts N Kiefer to beat T Johansson (2.22 @ Betfair) First bet of the week for me here. This looks massive for me - Johansson in recent times has looked a pale shadow of the reliable and consistent figure he has been known to be prior to this year's Wimbledon IMO. Two of the most shocking performances(by his standards I must stress) I've witnessed over the last couple of weeks must be his defeat to Srichaphan in Stockholm from leading a set up and the hard grafted win over Verdasco yesterday. There's little question who's the more gifted and intelligent player here(aka Kiefer), but I feel Kiefer can sometimes be too inconsistent for his own good, really. That said, I still can't see anything to justify him starting at anything over evens. On his day, Kiefer will easily give anyone - maybe bar Federer and Nadal(not on grass though as I think Kiefer will sweep the Spaniard off in a jiffy) - a game and he certainly has the beating of a very inconsistent and out-of-form Johansson.
And Kiefer was jinxed by me... :lol

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg GONZALEZ v Baghdatis @ 1.36 Ladbrokes 8.33pts :D WON profit 3pts Overall a loss of just over 4.5pts on the week. After the conspiracy at the start of the week and Bandy ****, that's not too bad:tongue2. Nice one Striker, did you trade it or let it ride?:ok

Re: Tennis - starting Oct 24 - Lyon and StPetersburg Thanks Tulenos. I managed to get a profit from the Us Open too, so 2 out of 2 I've tried this I've turned a profit. I want to get some in early for Paris, so I'll put them here and repeat them when someone starts a thread. Don't think these prices will be around tomorrow, in fact the Santoro one definitely won't. Haas to bt Pavel 4/9 Mirnyi to bt Massu 1/3 Prices from Blue Sq. More a comment on Pavel and Massu's current form. Haas beat Pavel easily the other week, and even though Haas is not in the best form, and Pavel has a good record in Paris, still think the German will win in 2. Massu has been dire this whole year. 18 pts double. Santoro to bt Nieminen 5/6 Coral Nieminen seems to have packed in for the year, really. We have seen Santoro perform well this last week in Lyon, and provided he has the energy, he should beat the Nieminen of the last few weeks. 12 pts. See you on the new thread..