** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Gordon's Picks

Gordon

Hello Everyone, This is my first post on the forum, so I had better be on my best behaviour and in my best tipping form or you will all shoot me down! I have pondered over Wednesday's racecards and come up with just the three which I hope can do well, they are..... Wednesday 12 October No.8 Shinko Dancer (2.30 Navan) .....dh 3rd 9/1 :unsure Drops down several grades and back to a more favourable 5F for this. Ultra consistent and sure to give us a good run for our money. A miserly 8st 1lb looks a gift from the handicapper. If the forecast price of 7/1 is to be believed then it must be one of the best Each-Way chances of the day..... No.5 Moktabes (2.55 Lingfield) .....WON 13/8 :D The switch to All-Weather racing worked wonders for this boys in blue three year old colt. He danced in by an ever increasing 12L over this course and distance two weeks ago. It is hard to judge the form of the race as only one horse from that race has run since, but the time was faster than standard and he gets in this mediocre looking handicap off a very generous rating of 75. Also Frankie Dettori takes up the ride. I think the racing post are being punter friendly with a forecast price of 2/1, expect it to be shorter..... No.15 Siniscola (3.30 Navan) .....Lost :@ This filly is touted for a big race here, with Mick Kinane aboard. Ran a good debut race when finishing a closing fourth over a mile at the Curragh eleven days ago. Superb breeding for this distance. Sould be on offer at around 3/1 or 7/2..... Good Luck! Gordon

Thursday..... Hello Everyone, Let's give it another go. There are four meetings sheduled for Thursday. So I have gone for one at each..... Thursday 13 October No.2 Supercat (2.30 Tramore) This is the best distance (1m4f) for this horse. Ran on well enough last time at Downpatrick to suggest that the horse is fit enough to take this similar event. Had a good second here back in August over this distance. 9/2 would be a fair price..... No.1 Harry's Dream (4.30 Ludlow) ....WON 4/1 Back to Chasing after a winning sharpener over timber. Should be streets ahead of the main danger Tudor King. The latter having recent winning form in Class F events. The selection has put in much better performances in Class D races. The RP Forecast give it a 100/30 chance, I think that would be very generous indeed..... No.4 Archerfield Links (4.50 Newmarket) Goes into this Nursery with a 6lb penalty for a decent win at Salisbury last Saturday. Made up from a very tardy start gaining several lengths to win by 1¼L going away. So the penalty should be of little value for this improving sort. Expect a nice price in the region of 8/1, so a great Each-Way chance..... No.4 Brendan's Surprise (5.15 Southwell) Steps up again to 1m for this after three close seconds in a row in similar banded company. Still a maiden after 17 starts, so hopefully, this is the day to break that duck. If not the expected price of around 8/1 will be tempting for an Each-Way punt..... Good Luck! Gordon

Friday..... Friday 14 October Not a lot of time to do write-ups today. So here are ten for Friday that I think have a chance of collecting the spoils. I have listed them in order of preference..... 1. No.5 Qualify (2.15 Redcar) NAP 2. No.6 Namu (4.00 Redcar) n.b 3. No.6 Fisby (4.10 Brighton) 4. No.8 Whispering Death (4.35 Redcar) 5. No.11 Brendan's Surprise (3.00 Brighton) 6. No.1 Joshua's Gold (5.35 Redcar) 7. No.1 Pango (3.45 Newmarket) 8. No.1 Sam's Secret (3.25 Redcar) 9. No.3 Blue Torpedo (4.20 Newmarket) 10. No.4 Dark Champion (5.05 Redcar) Good Luck! Gordon