No photo ID

I've been a long-time Coral customer. When I made my latest withdrawal request, they told me that I needed to validate my account first by sending ID documents. I sent them my old-style (non-photo) driving licence, but that wasn't accepted - although their original email hadn't specified, it became apparent that they wanted photo ID (even though the photo is redundant for my online account).

One problem - I'm one of the dwindling number of people in the UK without photo ID (I've had to get a voter authority certificate for the upcoming election). I have tried to explain this to Coral customer support in several emails and ask them how to proceed, but I keep getting generic replies that don't even address the issue directly and just list forms of ID that I've already told them that I don't have.

Has anyone else faced this issue? If so, did you manage to find a way around it or is the only answer to go through the rigmarole/cost of getting suitable ID?

Thanks for the feedback. I might give live chat a try this week, although I'm not particularly hopeful that I will get any joy from that either. Plus my typing is terrible!

To be honest, there seem to be a growing number of occasions these days when having photo ID would make life easier, so I might just bite the bullet and get hold of some.  My Coral account is still active currently, so although I can't get money out, it's still usable while I sort something out.     

21 minutes ago, Outofluck said:

Thanks for the feedback. I might give live chat a try this week, although I'm not particularly hopeful that I will get any joy from that either. Plus my typing is terrible!

To be honest, there seem to be a growing number of occasions these days when having photo ID would make life easier, so I might just bite the bullet and get hold of some.  My Coral account is still active currently, so although I can't get money out, it's still usable while I sort something out.     

good luck @Outofluck and let us know how you get on