Tennis Tips - June 10 - June 16

16 hours ago, Striker said:

I think the young American Alex Michelsen could take some notable scalps on the grass this summer

Backed him outright for Stuttgart this week each way @ 50-1 with Bet 365

Also like him to take out Rinderknech in tomorrows first round @ 1.75 with Betway

Alex Michelsen hasn't been in any form whatsoever and we've come halfway since january. I doubt he will have any success in Europe on any surface from 250 events and higher. I've seen him play so many times this season and the guy just doesn't seem to get anywhere further than second round in any tournament.

Karolina Pliskova to beat Heather Watson at 1.50 with Bet365

Pliskova is obviously far from the player she once was, but Watson is more of a part-time player nowadays, and her results are mediocre at best. Pliskova seems to be targeting this part of the season as well, so there should be at least some will to fight there too.

Francesca Jones (+4.5) to beat Ashlyn Krueger at 1.80 with Bet365

I like Jones on this line, Krueger is no world beater on grass, and Jones tends to play her heart out, which might even be enough on its own here honestly. She's skilled, too, moves well, maybe not on par with Krueger in terms of overall quality, but certainly not as bad as the odds suggest.

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Francesca Jones (+4.5) to beat Ashlyn Krueger at 1.80 with Bet365

I like Jones on this line, Krueger is no world beater on grass, and Jones tends to play her heart out, which might even be enough on its own here honestly. She's skilled, too, moves well, maybe not on par with Krueger in terms of overall quality, but certainly not as bad as the odds suggest.

But @CzechPunter now're exagerating about both players. Ash is a winner of Gaiba 125k challenger last season and won 8 matches on grass 2023 as well as some this season and the 2022 season. While Jones has a 2-10 career record on grass and she only won her second match on grass this week since turning pro in 2016. I would be careful about betting on Jones here.

Greetje Minnen (+4.5) to beat Ludmilla Samsonova at 1.78 with Unibet

There's no question who's the better player here, but Minnen can deliver on grass, and she actually has a surprising 3-0 record against Samsonova, 6-0 in sets, in fact. Given that, and the fact that Minnen can serve quite well, it's going to be another +4.5 games bet for me.

Francesca Jones (+6) to beat Emma Raducanu at 1.70 with Pinnacle

Can Jones produce another upset? Probably not, but the +6 line is a bit disrespectful imo given her performances. Unless Raducanu finds her best form, Jones should be able to keep this at least "close".

Tereza Martincova to beat Moyuka Uchijima at 1.85 with Pinnacle

Martincova has now managed to get a couple of very credible results on grass, while there are still some question marks over Uchijima's skills on the surface, as she's never done anything noteworthy on it. Happy to back the Czech then.