Charles Schwab Challenge

My picks this week

image.png.9f8b1298896648b00ada0b81f2ef87f5.png

By my numbers Scheffler is well clear of the pack, he's ranked #1 on 6 of the 16 key metrics that I've focused on for this event.

...but I can't justify backing him at 3/1.

Morikawa has very strong numbers in all those key areas (bar putting: where he's 121st across the last 2 seasons in strokes gained putting) and he's as well placed as anyone to challenge him, especially coming off a strong showing (tied for 4th) at the PGA Championship.

But my biggest stake bet this week will be on Max Homa - who is comparable to Morikawa with his irons and Stokes Gained in general...but both putts & scrambles better - at a bigger price. It's a gamble, as his accuracy off the tee would need some improving this week and that's a tricky part of this course.

image.thumb.png.da3e482ebfb1e66b81c9dbbd49003f4f.png

image.thumb.jpeg.c0b00d223c6fabc48b6dea209caa0777.jpeg

Seems like the tournament is continuing. Scheffler has got himself back in the mix at four back, which is a pretty big number but not for him if he gets his scoring boots on. He's marginal second favourite at 2.47 on the exchanges and that's where my money's going. He's the best golfer in the world right now so chasing down Riley shouldn't be beyond him.

6 hours ago, Torque said:

Seems like the tournament is continuing. Scheffler has got himself back in the mix at four back, which is a pretty big number but not for him if he gets his scoring boots on. He's marginal second favourite at 2.47 on the exchanges and that's where my money's going. He's the best golfer in the world right now so chasing down Riley shouldn't be beyond him.

I'm writing this off already. Scheffler three over through ten holes. I'm not watching so not sure what the issue is, but that's a remarkable score.

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 2:23 PM, tonythepaint said:

Doing a small experiment on the spread markets.

Finishing positions (max 70)

D. McCarthy sell at 37

C. Kirk sell at 38

Only doing this for very small stakes.

See how it goes.

Bit back on selling McCarthy otherwise not very good.

Edited by tonythepaint