Premier League Predictions > 27th & 28th April

image.png

image.png

With midweek fixtures yet to be played at the time of typing it's anyone's guess how the table will look after the above games are played but here they are anyway! Let us know your thoughts and bets as we head towards the end of the season.

44 minutes ago, Cookiejames1 said:

Saka to score or assist 4/5

An interesting angle; some random thoughts.

• That bet is 10/11 with PP (I only looked at one firm for a price). Not sure how many firms offering it but always worth shopping around for best price
  • Maybe it's worth checking the best anytime scorer and assist prices and seeing what you'd get by dutching them. Both markets are on the exchange for Prem games. Sometimes you might get the same or better, sometimes you'll get slightly less. BUT, if you dutch you will sometimes land both bets which could make a huge difference to you profit/loss. In this case, Saka dutches to just over 1.7 at best prices. Not sure if that's too big a gap but you take my point. If you can get at least close to the same price by dutching it's the much better option, if harder work.
  • My own take would be that the goalscorer market is beatable but I'm not sure about assists. I got spanked when I took a proper tilt at that market then made it all back several times over by selling player assist minutes on the spreads.

I suppose my conclusion is I think it would be very hard to make a profit from this market (based on my experience) but you'd have a better chance if, wherever possible, you used dutching so you'd land both bets when a player scored and assisted.

There's the goal anyway! :ok 3.3 taken in running if you'll forgive the flagrant AT, also on Havertz at 3.45.

Quick bit of (literally) back of an envelope maths; I make it that he's scored in 16 games and assisted in 14, doing both 3 times. If the prices had been the same in all of those games (1.8 for the bet/1.7 for the dutching) I make it you'd have made 21.6 points from backing and 18.9 from dutching, but that increases to 24 when you factor in the double win when he did both.