Tennis Tips - April 1 - April 7

Happy Easter guys!

Sachia Vickery to beat Jaqueline Cristian at 2.20 with Bet365

No idea why Vickery is the underdog here, it's 50/50 at least for me. Vickery looked well above her average against Kessler, and the fact that she's already played a couple of matches here is relevant due to the unorthodox conditions. With Cristian not doing anything noteworthy recently, I'm happy to go against her at odds against.

Ashlyn Krueger to beat Gabriela Lee 2-0 at 1.91 with Bet365

Krueger suffered a couple of disappointments against Podoroska in Indian Wells and Miami, but Lee is a much easier challenge, so I like the odds for the 2-0 scoreline. Lee's recent wins have to be respected somewhat, but she's not a good player overall. Krueger to bounce back is my call.

On 4/1/2024 at 9:56 AM, CzechPunter said:

Happy Easter guys!

Sachia Vickery to beat Jaqueline Cristian at 2.20 with Bet365

No idea why Vickery is the underdog here, it's 50/50 at least for me. Vickery looked well above her average against Kessler, and the fact that she's already played a couple of matches here is relevant due to the unorthodox conditions. With Cristian not doing anything noteworthy recently, I'm happy to go against her at odds against.

I was also on Vickery for this match, I was surprised by the result. 

@Smiles Tennis She injured herself off-court I believe, and Cristian came out firing, like she did against Keys in the second round.

Sara Errani (+1.5 sets) to beat Sara Sorribes Tormo at 1.60 with Unibet

Errani leads the H2H 6-0 here, and SST hasn't been doing well so far in this season. She should still outlast Errani on paper, and I wouldn't fancy Errani in a potential decider, but the 1.60 for her to win a set looks good to me.

6 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

@Smiles Tennis She injured herself off-court I believe, and Cristian came out firing, like she did against Keys in the second round.

Sara Errani (+1.5 sets) to beat Sara Sorribes Tormo at 1.60 with Unibet

Errani leads the H2H 6-0 here, and SST hasn't been doing well so far in this season. She should still outlast Errani on paper, and I wouldn't fancy Errani in a potential decider, but the 1.60 for her to win a set looks good to me.

Errani was in great form for the Linz tournament. I will not be the slightest bit surprised if she wins the match outright. Maybe Tormo is struggling like you said.. It's smaller tournament and maybe Tormo is taking some rest here, and she's also playing the doubles as well 

4 hours ago, Grass Cash said:

@CzechPunter any opinion on Fognini today. 3 straight matches all 3 set wins.

I know he's not a trustworthy player, but the price is off on the match. Can go either way. 

I'm not @CzechPunter but I'll give my opinion. With all the other matches going on, why bother with Fognini. As you say he's not to be trusted and when a player can blow a 4-0 lead in a set without winning another game - as Fognini did when losing to Gea recently - I don't know why anybody would want him carrying their money. 

Well that was a challenger match that he dropped the match to Gea. He does things like that all the time.. He's not a safe person to back in the slightest, but the read is to against Djere who is with an injury in march davis cup, and is absolutely not in any form this season. Just 3-6 overall, and coming from hard courts in Miami. 

I like the fact that Fabio has matches under his belt here, and there could be a huge crowd supporting him.

Having said that. I still haven't found myself able to bet him yet.. I would prefer do in play I guess. Atleast see which Laslo shows up

Emma Navarro vs Katie Volynets - This match intrigues me and is the battle of the 22 year old American phenom players that on occasion are epically underrated. 

Katie just won the longest match of the wta season vs Rus who was playing okay. She's also playing with a wrap around her leg but still seems relatively healthy. Ultimately I do like the way she's playing, but I cannot back her because of the long grueling match vs Rus, and the mere fact that Navarro consistently peforms very well, and I refuse to bet against her. So with those two reasons I would pick Navarro to win the match, but I would never the lay current price on her to win. Nor would I consider it for any type of serious parlay. Katie has been hitting nicely though. 

48 minutes ago, Grass Cash said:

Well that was a challenger match that he dropped the match to Gea. He does things like that all the time.. He's not a safe person to back in the slightest, but the read is to against Djere who is with an injury in march davis cup, and is absolutely not in any form this season. Just 3-6 overall, and coming from hard courts in Miami. 

I like the fact that Fabio has matches under his belt here, and there could be a huge crowd supporting him.

Best of luck with it.

I cashed out of the bet Torque a long time ago.. I would say Fabio has a chance but I refuse to let him mope around the court with my money.. he looks tired from previous matches. Even if he wins .. I'd say it wasn't the smartest idea.. Djere's level is better than I expected as well.. So no bueno for me.. I might permanently blacklist Fognini.. i have a problem betting him.. Thanks for your guys help though. 

Jule Niemeier to beat Cristina Busca @ odds -135

I am trusting my instincts as to who will win this. I think one of these players is more talented, and I'm going to trust that principle. They have never met before, but imo Jule is coming back into form a little bit. She's hitting cleanly from what I've seen. Although, I have missed out on her recent matches.. I understand the Pegula loss in San Diego and that does not concern me. I think she blasts serves in Bogota and essentially wins the match by outserving Busca.

I would say medium confidence with this.

Good pick on Errani Czech Punter. Seemed free from start to finish. Tormo was just bad. 

Marie Bouzkova (-3.5) to beat Hailey Baptiste at 1.91 with Bet365

Bouzkova hasn't looked great for a while now, but she was very good against Marino in the first round here, and Baptiste is a fairly similar player match-up-wise. If Bouzkova keeps controlling the ball well here, she will have every chance of running away with it comfortably.

Two woman's picks I like today.

First is Sloan Stephens to beat Fernandez. Stephens in great form, while Fernandez is not. Nice odds of around 1.75 which is decent for me.

Second match is Kalinina to beat Kasatkina. Kalinina very on clay. Coming off a demolition job of Wozniaki (6-2  6-3) which is certainly not easy.  Odds of 2.35 make this a a very well priced shot. To see a scoreline of 6-3  0-6  6-1 for Kasatkina in her first match in CHarleston is just bizarre. She should not be losing a 2nd set 6-0. It shows a lack of focus and consistency.

Intersting to see Choinski beating up Hurkacz ATM. He looks strong and has Hurkacz under pressure every game so far. LOL I give him the thumbs up and he disintegrates...

Edited by neilovan

Marie Bouzkova to beat Laura Siegemund 2-0 at 2.20 with Bet365

Bouzkova was superb again yesterday, making only a handful of unforced errors, while Siegemund had to play another long match in conditions that she visibly doesn't enjoy. The H2H is 2-0, with Bouzkova winning all 4 sets, (6-1 6-2, 6-1 6-1).