Layer Cake

chala

Bad thread title I know, shows my level of imagination! I gonna have a go at laying football matches. There is no system behind it, just my selections. I will be concentrating mainly on the Premiership and the Championship, with the odd match from elsewhere, and the only real rule will be that I will not lay at a price above 4.00. There seem to be a lot of freak results in football, so this'll probably go tits up in a very short space of time. For now I will only be betting my selections for small stakes.:ok Starting bank of 100pts, each team in Bold will be the chosen lay, and all lays will be for 1pt unless otherwise stated. Anyway enough of the waffle and on with the selections..........

Re: Layer Cake Ive considered this myself before(and sometimes do) because I find most of my losing football selections are due to draws rather than the other team winning. Could this be psychological ? It's twice the agony if you worry about a goal being scored at either end ! Re. football can it be useful perhaps to buy a bad piece of software and lay all its predictions ? Seriously, this was being advertised from a site in Indonesia ! I think the early matches of the season/opening matches in international tournaments, are those where the punters fail more frequently. Also I think it is true all the championship winning teams earn more points in the second half of the season than the first. Do you agree on this one, because I have n't made a thorough check of it yet ?

Re: Layer Cake

Good luck. Ive considered this myself before(and sometimes do) because I find most of my losing football selections are due to draws rather than the other team winning.
Me to mate. I'm sure if I backed the draw when I fancied teams to win, I would end up well in profit at the end of the season. But it's difficult to go against your gut instinct.

Re: Layer Cake Here are some good draws that I came up with (after deliberations with myself, forum discussions, a.s.o) and I did n't back: Liverpool v Ac Milan (c.l. final) Porto v Celtic (2 yrs ago, UEFA final) Zenit Petrograd v AEK Athens (last week) Olympiakos v AEK Athens (3/4 matches played last year) and more. It is psychological. If I ask the two of you to stand behind a corner and pick the first two fellows that turn up and ask them to box against one another, do you fancy a draw ? I think not because in all likelihood they will not be matching in weight. You tend to think the same for football matches and you are subconsciously looking for a winner, but it is n't always so. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- working for the enemy says: Im not sure if you understood me properly. I dont mean losing bets when I back a draw. I mean the team I back draws rather than losing. That will obviously happen. You do not select the weaker side, you select the strongest one on paper, so if they fail to win it's more often than not a draw.

Re: Layer Cake Bolton v Portsmouth @ 1.8 :@ -0.8 Millwall v Cardiff @ 2.6 :D +0.95 Norwich v Reading @ 2.36 :D +0.95 Stoke v Wolves @ 2.86 :D +0.95 Forgot to say that a winning bet returns 0.95pts (due to commission). Starting Bank = 100pts Current Bank = 102.05pts Wins/Bets = 3/4

Re: Layer Cake Good luck with this Chala. Lay Liverpool this season I am sure you will get some joy. They have turned into the wolves of the prem!!! Does anybody actually know a tipster on PL that does it as a full time job? I hear people talk about pro punters but have never spoken to one

Re: Layer Cake Cheeryone, Jezza in the poker forum is a pro poker player, but not sure about any other pro's on here. I'm thinking of Laying Liverpool tommorrow, but not decided yet. Bournemouth v Swansea @ 2.66 :D +0.95 Millwall v QPR @ 2.46 :D +0.95 Starting Bank = 100pts Current Bank = 103.95pts Wins/Bets = 5/6

Re: Layer Cake Hi again, Cheeryone........re: your question about pro punters in the lounge. My main source of income now is from betting, (I don't get to eat much :loon !), so I'm not sure if that makes me a 'pro'. I have been callled a few things in my time (!) but never a pro. Although, I have known one or two pro's in the past, but not the sort you mean. :eek You say you have never spoken to one.....you can speak to me, but I doubt that anything I have to say will make sense......:loon . Address correspondence to: Spreadman, c/o the rest home for the insanally challenged, 3rd padded cell on the right.......no sharp objects, please.

Re: Layer Cake A third lay for the weekend, may be back with one or two more. Wigan v Bolton @ 2.84 Spreadman, didn't know you were a pro! Top Man....... it's gotta be tough though? I'm bad enough when things aren't going my way as it is. But if it was my main source of income also, I'd be a wreck!

Re: Layer Cake :rollin I could reassure you by recording Everton's dire Prem record this season so far, and the fact that they have a goal deficit that requires 4+ goals tonight........but in the light of recent results, (Porto, Tottenham, etc.), I may be wasting my time......:rollin GL for your bets.....:ok

• 3 weeks later...