Tennis Tips - January 29 - February 4

Yeah, and also Krajinovic!

Magda Linette to bat Diana Shnaider at 1.80 with Bet365

It's a bit surprising that Linette is back to playing already, which is why I'm taking this with a bookie that voids retirements, but I haven't liked Shnaider for a while now, and she's just too inconsistent from the back of the baseline. The Hua Hin conditions were a bit tricky over the weekend as well, and that can help only Linette.

Anastasia Potapova to beat Elisabetta Cocciaretto at 1.57 with Bet365

Potapova, the defending champion, seemed to lack a bit of match practice against Errani, but the quality of her play was still above what Cocciaretto showed against Stefanini. The conditions give her a natural advantage in this match-up, and I fancy her to convert it to a win.

7 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Anastasia Potapova to beat Elisabetta Cocciaretto at 1.57 with Bet365

Potapova, the defending champion, seemed to lack a bit of match practice against Errani, but the quality of her play was still above what Cocciaretto showed against Stefanini. The conditions give her a natural advantage in this match-up, and I fancy her to convert it to a win.

I watched both Potapova and some of Elisabetta match.. Errani is playing in her top form, and pushed Potapova. I think the match up is much different now for the Italian, and Potapova will win the match even though her opponent got an easy score line last time out. Fair shout in my opinion, and I think the betting line is pretty accurate considering Potapova is the defending champ, and she looks to be in good enough form to me without injuries. 

This is a pasting the likes you rarely see in WTA. Cocciaretto is winning three quarters of all points on serve. Is she playing well or is Potapova having a nightmare - I'm not watching so have no idea.

Diana Shnaider to beat Dalma Galfi at 1.57 with Bet365

I didn't trust Shnaider against Linette, but she proved me wrong, and she looked quite good against Badosa as well, and the latter didn't seem to be particularly limited by her lower back in the early stages of the match. Galfi seems to be the overperformer here, and she should be at least a little bit tired after the previous round.

Patrik Kypson to beat Emilo Nava at 2.10 with Mr. Green

Patrik has shown that he's up to whatever challenges awaits him on the Challenger Tour and beating Nava shouldn't be any of his mayor issues really. Looking back I can see why Patrik lost to Nava in their only meeting until today but that was about 3 years ago and lots have happened since then with Kypson. He finally proved his talent last season. Patrik for me. Seems like a nice late night bet.

Hello fellas!

I think about going for Ostapenko +1.5 sets at 1.38 and Rune against Coric at odds of 1.40. Coric's odds went down a bit but I don't think he can upset Rune. Rune is the better all around player with a better touch. If he doesn't make many mistakes, he will go through. Watched Ostapenko's last couple of matches and she seems to be in better form and not so chubby 😀 . Pavlyuchenkova is playing pretty well actually but to make the bet safer only Ostapenko to win a set.

What do you think about Bergs against Cilic at 2.35? I watched Cilic at AO against Maroszan and he is not able to chase many balls around the court. Obviously he still has the power in his shots but his movement on the court is terrible.

Edited by sterziyskii

Going for a treble today...

Patrik Kypson to beat James Duckworth at 2.10

Kypson did well enough yesterday to prove he's able to win here.

Tereza Martincova to beat Jessica Ponchet at 1.80

Tereza has always been the little bit better player here and she did pretty well yesterday.

Rebecca Sramkova to beat Aliona Falei at 1.61

Sramkova still lives up to her potential so beating this unknown belarussian 19 year old player Falei should be fully possible for her. Faleis career high ranking as a junior is 23 which she achieved 3 seasons ago. She's climbed to WTA top 300 already but I nonetheless think she'll be beaten today by Sramkova.

Total odds: 6.086 with bet365

11 hours ago, Smiles Tennis said:

I have had so many recently that lost but it was 6-7 or 5-7 in a third set. Might be worth just going for them to win a set instead of winning the match. 

That's what I'm doing most of the time. Yesterday I played Ostapenko to win a set at 1.38 even though I could take her to win outright + Bublik to win a set at 1.65 against out of form Auger and Bergs at 2.30, hope someone copied it from above. These 3 at 5.50 and 2 of the matches were just to win a set

On 2/4/2024 at 1:47 PM, Schokolade2 said:

I appreciate that you take the time to share your very good insights with the forum. 

Thanks, I used to do a proper write up but just don't have the time now. I might put out a few stats when I have the time. I just like seeing everyone else's bets. 

• 3 months later...

AZARENKA - PODROSKA

Azarenka has very average record on clay, whereas Podroska has very good record on clay - granted her opponents were not top players - , however her being such a dog playing a not that young Azarenka i'll take Podroska over 8,5 games.