Tennis Tips - December 29 - January 7

Yes indeed, looking forward to it! 

Hurkacz plays today in the United Cup, he's 13/8 with Skybet to have the most aces in 2024, nearest challenger in the betting is Opelka, who has postponed his comeback again and looks unlikely to mount a challenge to the big Pole. Am happy to throw a few quid on Hubert considering his complete annihilation of the field last year, finishing over 500 aces ahead of his nearest challenger. 

Well that likeliness went out the door. I don't know why I didn't foresee the probability of Iga to win Aussie O before I placed todays bet. I belive it's where she stands now with current capacity. She already has reached the semi in Melbourne and sooner or later she will win this GS to. The final awaits her and only Coco can stop her as the years go by.

Edited by four-leaf

• CzechPunter changed the title to Tennis Tips - December 29 - January 7
  • CzechPunter pinned this topic

@Four-leaf

You must count on some otherworldly influences counting on Gauff; so far she is losing 1:9. She still has deficiencies in her tennis skills.

Rybakina, Ostapenko (if she qualifies for the match) and Sabalenka can beat Iga, but the unknown is certainly Osaka, who was unrivaled while being mentally healthy.

1 hour ago, sterziyskii said:

Hello guys, it's been a while. 

For tomorrow, I think about going with Grigor against Murray and Rune against Purcell. 

Thinking about which one should be my third match. Should I go with Ruud or Hurkacz?

I'd go with Hubi over Ruud or instead of Ruud

Edited by four-leaf

23 minutes ago, Striker said:

Good luck everyone for the new season

Most fascinating clash for me this first week is Ruse v Raducanu (WTA Auckland)

Was hoping for odds against on the Romanian, but missed the opening 2.1, now she is generally odds on

Any thoughts on the match?

Impossible to know how Raducanu will look and Ruse isn't the most reliable player either. At odds against Ruse might be worth backing - not so sure if she's odds on but really with all the other matches going on I'd be looking to bet elsewhere.

Hi guys, welcome to the 2024 season, and let's have a good one!

Taylor Fritz to beat Alex De Minaur at 1.67 with William Hill

The two had very different fortunes against Norrie, and it seems that Fritz did a lot of work in the off-season to improve even further. He's a legitimate top 10 player nowadays, and I think that he has every chance of having a really good season, while ADM looked a bit sluggish to me in his first match of the season. At 1.67, I'm happy to open my season's account with a bet on the American.

1 minute ago, 888888 said:

Thiem - Nadal

Nadal hasnt played in nearly a year, and he is not that young, I am thinking of taking Thiem; he is rubbish on hard however at 2.30 it is attractive

I wouldn’t call him rubbish on hard or clay but surely grass... Thiem should have the edge here

Posted (edited)

I think I’ve seen (Edit: [enough]) of Paire for a season and it’s only January 1, same antics as usual, same old Paire. He might win some challengers but will have no bussines in the top 100 this season or any other season again for that matter.

Gasquet though looks to be ready for more decent stuff around top 50.

Edited by four-leaf

As usual Paires lack of effort hands a break to his opponent that ultimately costs him the set with a break advantage. Even though he has 79% win on 1st and 56% on second compared to 70% and 36% he manages to throw the set away. Would surprise nobody if he lost a set and the set after when doing what he always does.

Rune said that Nadal looked really good in practice, so I'm not inclined to bet on Thiem at all.

In other news, Kvitova is pregnant and will miss Australia and most likely way more (is this the end of her career?).

Naomi Osaka to beat Karolina Pliskova at 1.56 with Unibet

For a comeback performance, Osaka played surprisingly well against Korpatsch, some unforced errors here and there, but that's to be expected, and her hitting was as big as ever, with her movement not lacking either. Crucially, she also looked very pumped up, which is something we haven't seen from Pliskova in god knows how long. She gave up on the last season earlier than expected, and I expect her slide to continue in 2024.

Brenda Fruhvirtova (+6.5) to beat Cori Gauff at 1.90 with Bet365

This should be a real treat, as we'll have one of the very best players squaring off against one of the most talented youngsters. Brenda looked very good against Blinkova, and she can just swing freely here with no pressure, which could do wonders. Gauff didn't cover this line against Liu and Brenda is far more talented, so this looks like a good opportunity to me.

7 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Brenda Fruhvirtova (+6.5) to beat Cori Gauff at 1.90 with Bet365

This should be a real treat, as we'll have one of the very best players squaring off against one of the most talented youngsters. Brenda looked very good against Blinkova, and she can just swing freely here with no pressure, which could do wonders. Gauff didn't cover this line against Liu and Brenda is far more talented, so this looks like a good opportunity to me.

I couldn’t agree more... 

Emil Ruusuvuori to beat Pavel Kotov at 1.62 with Bet365

Kotov's win over Musetti said more about the Italian I feel, while Ruusuvuori had a much tougher day against Khachanov. Despite that, he made it through against the Russian, and this should be a step down in terms of quality. The 2-0 H2H record should help as well.