100 First Goalscorers

harry_rag

Title says most of it but I'll edit this post tomorrow to flesh out the thinking. Just wanted to get the thread started so I can post the first selection.

"The thinking" - Been backing a few players for first goal of late, mostly where i can get them each way but sometimes backing first goal "win only". My simplistic thinking is that, where you think a player is value to score at anytime then the first goal price is value as well as long as it is at least 3 times the anytime price. Where it's more than 3 times as much and you can back each way then the "place" terms are actually better than the anytime price.

Most of the selections will be anytime bets where the first price is at least 3 times the anytime odds. Sometimes there will be a first goalscorer bet where the anytime price is too short (e.g. player is odds on to score but 7/2 for first goal; the "place" terms of 1/3 the odds would be odds against which would be a bet if available in the anytime market). I'll flag such a selection when it arises to make it clearer.

Maximum four selections per day, see what it looks like after 100 bets.

Edited by harry_rag
Added "the thinking" for the thread

Bet 1 is McAtee for Barnsley at 6/1 with 365.

Given the line up (Watters not starting pushing McAtee up the pecking order) I'm on him anytime at 8/5. 6/1 seems good for first on that basis.

Won't be putting 2 up in the same game but could make a case for Kane at 10/1 (I took 9s earlier). 5/2 anytime not quite enough to tempt me in. (Possible penalty taker.)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.