** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

100 First Goalscorers

harry_rag

image.png

So much for the results to date for the posted selections. I missed another chunky winner last night after forgetting to post Plea the other day; I was on Reeves for Wimbledon last night at 10/1 e/w and 3/1 anytime. The reason for that omission was indecision; I was also on Al-Hamadi at 4/1 first (no e/w option at that price) and evens anytime. Rather than decide which one to post in here I did neither. So, to do a Spandau Ballet, I decided I might as well record the returns for all my first goalscorer bets for the duration of this thread as it will give me results across a bigger sample size. The fact that (for now at least) it looks better is purely coincidental! :lol

image.png

Interesting to note both the same number of winners for 1st and last goal (in both tables) and the better return from the latter. As the data builds I'd expect to see more first goalscorers than last (for the simple reason that more last goals are likely to be scored by substitutes) and I wouldn't have anticipated any real difference in the average odds for 1st compared to last.

Bet 24 is Frimpong (Leverkusen) at 9/1 Sky Bet

No each way unfortunately but I'm on him at 23/10 anytime.

Shouts for Boniface if you can get the 16/5 offered by the spread firms and for Palacios at 14/1 which is well worth taking e/w. No doubt I'll have picked the wrong one for the thread! :eyes

44 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Shouts for Boniface if you can get the 16/5 offered by the spread firms and for Palacios at 14/1 which is well worth taking e/w. No doubt I'll have picked the wrong one for the thread! :eyes

:lol Boniface scores first but goes unbacked and Palacios 2nd to land 18/5 anytime and the the place part of the 14/1! Pull your finger out Frimpong!

image.png

That's how things currently stand in this thread with Osimhen the most recent winner on Tuesday (landing courtesy of the "own goals don't count" rule as he scored the 2nd and last goal of the game). The data means nothing at this stage (to be honest it won't be entirely reliable after just a 100 bets) but I'm satisfied that the first goalscorer angle is worth pursuing as a way of playing up any profit made on anytime bets. As I've said, I'd expect to hit more first goalscorers than last and I'd also hope to show a profit on the anytime bets given that I'm settling to a third of the first scorer odds.