Champion Of Champions 2023

Fader

Just on the outright market, Ronnie has pulled out and that means Anda only has to beat Higgins/Wakelin to make a semi-final against Mark Allen. I think that alone is worth 12/1 offered for him to go on and go back-to-back. I'm also going to take a punt on Hawkins at 12/1. He went 4-1 to 4-4 against finalist Ford last week and is playing some decent stuff. I question the will of Brecel right now and Williams and Milkins are in such rubbish form. Finally, a small punt on Gary Wilson. Come on, he isn't 50/1 here. Murphy isn't playing great stuff and yes he has to beat Trump but if he does then he has a nice QF opponent potentially.

2pts e/w Anda to win COC 12/1 Bet365
2pts e/w Hawkins to win COC 12/1 Bet365
------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w G.Wilson to win COC 50/1 Bet365

1 minute ago, 888888 said:

Thanks.

Opininions on BRECEL - HAWKINS?

Several months ago i won many bets on Brecel but the last few months he is clearly in a slump, however not sure to trust Hawkins or not.

Just stuck up my outright picks but I think Hawkins goes through. He won Euro Masters in August and has made the back end of a few more tournaments along the way. He let himself slip 4-1 down against Ford and got it back to 4-4. I just wonder if he started better if he'd have won that tournament. Without taking anything from Anda. Playing an opponent like Hawkins is different to Tom Ford.

Anyway back to that match. It was a deciding leg and the match between the two tends to be close. Both the last couple have been deciding frames. Perhaps the overs is the bet here?

45 minutes ago, 888888 said:

i also took Hawkins , Brecel clearly is not as sharp as six months ago or something , also it seems he put on a lot of weight may be it has something to do with that? (i know rather dumb comment but who knows)

I suppose there was always going to be a drop-off from a monumental Worlds win. It feels to me like anything else he wins now is a bonus for him but then saying that he is only 28.

The odds on Ding - Anda are rather puzzling, no ?? Anda at 1.85

Considering Anda's amazing form and that he has won both their encounters this year comfortably ( 6-3 , 5-0 ) you would expect him to be a bigger favorite , especially since Ding was called in last minute to replace Ronnie , so is there something which we don't know ??

1 hour ago, 888888 said:

The odds on Ding - Anda are rather puzzling, no ?? Anda at 1.85

Considering Anda's amazing form and that he has won both their encounters this year comfortably ( 6-3 , 5-0 ) you would expect him to be a bigger favorite , especially since Ding was called in last minute to replace Ronnie , so is there something which we don't know ??

It's going to be because 'normally' after an event win there is a drop-off. I bet on Anda to win the event based on my thinking that he'd get a walkover here and so that's quite annoying. I probably wouldn't bother with that match personally because it's hard to know Anda's motivation. I say that after backing him outright but there is a difference between having to beat just Higgins to make a semi-final and now Ding and then Higgins in the same evening.

Perhaps the overs would be the pick.

yeah i agree the let down after a big win is also common

From what i read Ding left China yesterday afternoon so arrived this morning in the UK (probably Manchester and then go to Bolton), this is probably why they switched the starting time of the two matches to give him two extra hours, considering this he might not be in top form; so all in all i took Anda

16 minutes ago, 888888 said:

yeah i agree the let down after a big win is also common

From what i read Ding left China yesterday afternoon so arrived this morning in the UK (probably Manchester and then go to Bolton), this is probably why they switched the starting time of the two matches to give him two extra hours, considering this he might not be in top form; so all in all i took Anda

I do hope Anda wins. Then beats Higgins tonight.

Well, I suppose Anda did well to go 3-0 to 3-3 but on the whole a drop off. Today Trump should have an easy win at 1pm. The other match though, I think Gary Wilson has a chance against Murphy. He had a right battle with Ding and despite leading 5-4, lost 6-5. He was terrible in the loss to Stan Moody in the Northern Ireland Open. However, he has won the last 2 head-to-heads with Murphy. Both of these have lost some shockers. Murphy lost to Dale, Hongyu, Wakelin and Mertens in the last couple months.

2pts G.Wilson to beat Murphy 11/8 Bet365