** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Exchange some ideas

buga00

Hello everybody. I would like to exchange some ideas with those who bet on greyhound racing. I Would, you like to know which is the best tactic to use? For example lay on the Betfair favorites? Lay on Timeform favorites ? Lay on Racingpost favorites? Or Laying on the market favorites live a few seconds before the races start? I know it's difficult or impossible to get it right all the time, but I'd like to find a system with a percentage of hits that reached the end of the day and came out in green.... I would like to hear your opinion. Or only betting which kind of races ? A1-A2? A3-A9? D races? S races? Handicap races ? Anyway there is so much stuff, give me your opinions friends. Thank you very much for your help guys

From experience I would say study all the sprint races and take the favourite on backing 3 or 4 of the dogs on Betfair, betdaq, or smarkets! Better prices means you can cover 4 dogs easily and never ever be put off by a dog trading at big prices! Alternatively, just lay the favourites on Betfair in sprints! 🐶🐰👌By the way, reason for sprints is cos the margin for error by the favourite is small! 🤔👍

Edited by Smartins1234

3 hours ago, Smartins1234 said:

From experience I would say study all the sprint races and take the favourite on backing 3 or 4 of the dogs on Betfair, betdaq, or smarkets! Better prices means you can cover 4 dogs easily and never ever be put off by a dog trading at big prices! Alternatively, just lay the favourites on Betfair in sprints! 🐶🐰👌By the way, reason for sprints is cos the margin for error by the favourite is small! 🤔👍

ok thanks

To be honest pal, if ya gonna go down the laying route ya need to know ya stuff! I know as much as I possibly can about dog racing! Al tell ya what, I will post lays every day on sprints for a week in research mode! No real money cos I want see results first! I will aim for 20 pound profit everyday with maximum liability at 120! Let's see how it goes! 👍

14 hours ago, Smartins1234 said:

To be honest pal, if ya gonna go down the laying route ya need to know ya stuff! I know as much as I possibly can about dog racing! Al tell ya what, I will post lays every day on sprints for a week in research mode! No real money cos I want see results first! I will aim for 20 pound profit everyday with maximum liability at 120! Let's see how it goes! 👍

@Smartins1234 laying in the favorites dogs ?

Hy mate! 4.18 at Doncaster this afternoon. Trap 2 and Trap 5 look the best 2 to lay! Which ever one is the shortest 1 min before the off, lay it! Of course, this is just practice at my end! Up to you what you do! If none of them are 1/8 or less I won't lay any cos the odds are so bad on the lay side but it's still possible to make it pay! I would lay 80 quid at 1/8 to win a tenner! Let's see if it works ay! 👍

2 minutes ago, Smartins1234 said:

Hy mate! 4.18 at Doncaster this afternoon. Trap 2 and Trap 5 look the best 2 to lay! Which ever one is the shortest 1 min before the off, lay it! Of course, this is just practice at my end! Up to you what you do! If none of them are 1/8 or less I won't lay any cos the odds are so bad on the lay side but it's still possible to make it pay! I would lay 80 quid at 1/8 to win a tenner! Let's see if it works ay! 👍

i will watch :)

There we go, result! The 5 dog was 5/2 to win the race and the 2 was 6/1 to win the race. So the lay was the 5 dog! I seen on smarkets the 5dog was 5.0 to lay so if we say 16 quid profit u would have to stake 80 pound to get 96 back minus 2% comission on the 16 which is 32 pence, so total profit wud be 15 pounds 68p! Al look for another for this evening and post again! 👌

8 minutes ago, Smartins1234 said:

Hy mate! 👍Righttttttt, 11.24 Harlow! I'm gonna lay either the 3 or the 4 dog! Whichever one is shortest to win a min before the off! 👀🐶🐰♥️

3 or 4    or 1   or 5 ??

10 minutes ago, Smartins1234 said:

No mate, you can't lay the favourites unless it's one of the 2 dogs I pick to lay! It's got to be based on form. 😁👌 The 4 dog was 5.7 to lay on smarkets so I layed it to win 14 and it cost me 80 quid to lay so I got 94 back! 👌

You watch that race Martins ?  Won the dog with worst form i think , Trap 2.....

Edited by buga00

Right, so that race at Harlow for example, I chose 3 or 4 dogs to lay, I say whichever is shortest to win you lay! The 4 was 11/4 towin and 3 was 8/1 to win. So I lay the 4 dog cos it was 5.7 to lay and the 3 dog was 24 to lay! So the 4 dog is the best value so I lay that one! I think the language barrier here is a problem! It's okay, I'm sure ul get me in the end my friend! 👌 I've gotta go the shop now for my energy drink fix but I will post another race soon! 🐶🐰

So 6 dogs in the sprint! The 4 fastest to the halfway point I definitely wouldn't lay! I look at each dogs last 8 races, whether there's a long time off the track or not in-between the last 8 races! The form will show, 3-1, 4-2, 5- 3. The 1 and the 2 are important cos they indicate early pace! So if in the last 8 races a dog has lots of one's and twos they have lots of early pace! The dogs which have more threes or above most of the time, are the slower dogs into stride! Hope that makes sense! 🙄🤣

14 minutes ago, Smartins1234 said:

So 6 dogs in the sprint! The 4 fastest to the halfway point I definitely wouldn't lay! I look at each dogs last 8 races, whether there's a long time off the track or not in-between the last 8 races! The form will show, 3-1, 4-2, 5- 3. The 1 and the 2 are important cos they indicate early pace! So if in the last 8 races a dog has lots of one's and twos they have lots of early pace! The dogs which have more threes or above most of the time, are the slower dogs into stride! Hope that makes sense! 🙄🤣

Ok i see, thanks for you explain your thoughts

Hy again bugsy! So 1.39 Harlow! The 4 dogs with the best early pace appear to be 3,4,5,6! So traps 1 and 2 are the two dogs to choose the lay from. If 1 is 3/1 to win and 2 is 4/1 to win, I will lay the 1 dog on the exchange cos the value will be better for the 1dog than the 2 dog! 👌🐶🐰👀

2 minutes ago, Smartins1234 said:

Hy again bugsy! So 1.39 Harlow! The 4 dogs with the best early pace appear to be 3,4,5,6! So traps 1 and 2 are the two dogs to choose the lay from. If 1 is 3/1 to win and 2 is 4/1 to win, I will lay the 1 dog on the exchange cos the value will be better for the 1dog than the 2 dog! 👌🐶🐰👀

ok and how you see the best early pace ?  In Racingpost ? 

13 minutes ago, Smartins1234 said:

Lay dog 1   @5,3