Cheltenham 2023 Thoughts and Considerations

Well it is almost here and i thought i would start a thread so members can post general thoughts and or observations.

Last year i watched quite a few stable tours mostly the usual suspects Mullins Henderson Nichols etc and was sat there my usual sarcastic self saying Bullshit, you got to be joking, your havin a larf etc when i happened across a stable tour from the beginning of the season given by Mullins My pencil began to quiver like a water diviner and notebook began screaming at me as i listened having previously listened to the pre festival podcast, It wasn't what Mullins was saying that caught my attention but what he hadn't said in the pre Cheltenham preview. In the pre season interview he mentioned a horse that had recently come into the yard from France. I clicked back to the Pre Cheltenham preview and not a mention of it so i noted it down and lo and behold the said GG was entered in the Martin Pipe handicap the favourite being you guessed it a Mullins horse Gentleman De Mee. Hey up! says i to mesen this isn't that odd is it a trainer keeping stum so i jumped on the said beast at 10/1. The horse duly obliged winning at 8/1 and  Gentle De Mee 4/1f fading away and beaten 21L. That horse in that handicap was Galopin Des Champs. The moral of the story is don't believe the Bullshit and listen to what they don't say rather than soaking up what they want you to think.

I never listen to what any trainer says really ....... let's face it they only know about their horse

They don't know about the dozen other horses in the race

Now if a trainer was to go through a race card and give insightful opinions about every runner I might pay more attention than if he just says 'my horse is a nice horse and must have an ew chance' or other such clichés

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.