Racing Chat - Monday 24th October.

Another one from my 'tracker'.

7.30 - Newcastle - Rain Cap - 10/1 EW (1/5th 4 places) - Although yet to win on the all weather, was desperately unlucky LTO when travelling 2 for 1 and nowhere to go. Also, only beaten 1/2 length over CD in September.  At the price, and with 4 places, looks definitely worth an EW bet.

Drew a blank on Saturday then missed two Stable Switchers that won yesterday ? Never mind.

I've  a fancy for Slippin Jimmy in the 7.00 Newcastle. Seemed to relish his first run on the all weather at Newcastle a couple of weeks ago, finishing well to be second that day over 6 furlongs so todays extra distance may well suit. Down slightly in Class will help as the 3rd places horse went on to win a Class 5 next time up. Missed the early prices but got 4.9 and will go in the place market nearer the off. Big danger of course is the fav, going for a 3 timer after two really easy wins but is up in the weights and down in distance, gives us some hope.........just getting there in the nick of time, returned at 4.1 so 4.9 was nice to get.   

Stable Switchers with a chance:

4.10 Barenboin currently around the 6.8 mark, was rated 73 when last seen on the all weather, when he was 4th in a Class 3 race,gets in here off 67, down in the handicap, down in Class and off the back of a wind operation, again win and place, looks to have a chance if ready for new stable..........................lovely winner returned at a Bfsp of 6.6

5.25 Cotai Class, some money for this one, still around the 6.0 mark on betfair. If they can get the gelding out of the stall on time looks to have a great chance, win and place.....did get away on terms, faded and never a factor really.

Good luck today everyone.

Edited by jonjo
Update

2.55 Leic Road To The East 9/2 (1 pt win at 6.0)

3.30 Leic Harswell Duke 7/2 (1 pt win at 5.2)

3.40 Red Pisanello 7/1 @Alastair (1 pt win at 7/1)

1 x 0.50 ew Trixie = 4.00 poss return of 161.16

Savers and singles

2.55 Leic Dear Daphne 1 pt win at 3.7

3.30 Leic Strongbowe 0.50 win at 13/2 @Donnyflyer and Maysong 0.50 win at 6/1

3.40 Red Fame And Acclaim 0.50 ew at 20/1 @The Brigadier

4.35 Leic May Blossom 1 pt win at 9.2 and Zim Baby 0.50 ew at 14/1 @sirspread and @black rabbit

Total stakes = 12 today

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not too bad considering.  One winner, one place and a place double.  This meant a loss of 3.27 pts on the day.  My MTD is - 47.62 & YTD - 221.60

Looks like I will be scratching around to find races where most of the players have recent form to go on again tomorrow

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

To cash out or to not cash out that WAS the question for one Betfair punter on Saturday .

They spent £67 on a each way lucky 31 & with one leg left cashed out & recieved £57,968 however , if they hadn't the last horse also won & they'd have won £425,000 according to the Sporting Life article .

For me I'm , £57,901 up but you'd still be grrrrrrr ? about what could have been , well done to the punter ??

Edited by calva decoy

48 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

To cash out or to not cash out that WAS the question for one Betfair punter on Saturday .

They spent £67 on a each way lucky 31 & with one leg left cashed out & recieved £57,968 however , if they hadn't the last horse also won & they'd have won £425,000 according to the Sporting Life article .

For me I'm , £57,901 up but you'd still be grrrrrrr ? about what could have been , well done to the punter ??

This looked to me to be an incredibly unfair "cash out" on behalf of Betfair.  The punter probably did not have the means but if he could have laid the favourite at say 2/1 for 142,000 = a liability of 284,000 then he would have won £141,000 if the horse won and if the horse lost at least 134,900 if the commission had been 5%.  Shame on un-Betfair I say if this was the case

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

This looked to me to be an incredibly unfair "cash out" on behalf of Betfair.  The punter probably did not have the means but if he could have laid the favourite at say 2/1 for 142,000 = a liability of 284,000 then he would have won £141,000 if the horse won and if the horse lost at least 134,900 if the commission had been 5%.  Shame on un-Betfair I say if this was the case

Good points but Betfair are a business after all , I reckon atm both are winners , wonder how much he's been limited to now & other than Paddy Power / Betfairs partners what other bookies know who he / she is & will now also limit his / her future bets ?

Edited by calva decoy

3 hours ago, calva decoy said:

Good points but Betfair are a business after all , I reckon atm both are winners , wonder how much he's been limited to now & other than Paddy Power / Betfairs partners what other bookies know who he / she is & will now also limit his / her future bets ?

We all hate to be ripped off.  I think in the above example I may well have resisted cashing out.  Mind you I don't think I could have brought myself to watch the race and even worse still wouldn't have looked forward to a chat with my wife had the horse lost the race

On 10/24/2022 at 11:30 AM, Bang on said:

Another one from my 'tracker'.

7.30 - Newcastle - Rain Cap - 10/1 EW (1/5th 4 places) - Although yet to win on the all weather, was desperately unlucky LTO when travelling 2 for 1 and nowhere to go. Also, only beaten 1/2 length over CD in September.  At the price, and with 4 places, looks definitely worth an EW bet.

Lost - poor run.