Racing Chat-Friday 26th August.

Newmarket

Single.

1.25. Lose Yourself     16/1    1st    Mr Becketts the man!!

Double.

5.35. Goodw. New Dayell        9/2      unpl 

2.10. Ffos. Captain Wierzba      9/4    5/2    1st   

singles & double.

Good luck all.

Edited by kensland

450 Tipperary - On The Money @ 20/1 each way extra 6 places Bet365

ran eye catching race on debut, then on second start was disappointing, worth another chance, hoping running round a bend again will suit although its the opposite way round from its debut. its 40/1 bet365 and 20s everywhere else, so i like the each way extra 6 places @ 20/1

2.20 Thsk Kittykarma 1 pt win at 8.4 looks to be good value for  a Richard Fahey runner

3.45 Nm HMS President 1 pt win at 4.9.  @TheBrigadier goes for Cemhaan at 7/2

Both lost but well done to @TheBrigadierfor supplying another winner.

Some for tonight

6.18 Ham Canterbury Belle 3/1 (1.50 pts win at 4.8) @Wildgardennaps this one

6.45 Gdwd Dame Ethel Smyth 11/4 (1.50 pts win at 4.3) My PL Nap

1 x 3pt win double with poss return of 45.00

6.53 Ham Strawberri 0.30 ew at 12/1.  @TheBrigadiergoes for Cormier ew at 10/1 but the price has gone now and @clintonhas gone for Haliphon 6/1 ew

Total stakes = 8.60  points

6.53 Ham Pride Of Priory 2 pts win at 6 to get out at B/E

RESULTS UPDATE

Just one winning place bet today which returned 1.02 making a loss on the day of -9.58.  My MTD stands at -79.02 and YTD - 281.20

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

19 hours ago, kensland said:

Newmarket

Single.

1.25. Lose Yourself     16/1    1st    Mr Becketts the man!!

Double.

5.35. Goodw. New Dayell        9/2       

2.10. Ffos. Captain Wierzba      9/4    5/2    1st   

singles & double.

Good luck all.

Brilliant picks ???

An artical about Quickthorns win LTO in the sporting life caught my eye. form scholars would point its beaten record

heres my take on that performance. Speed times/figures are usually my first port of call when assessing a horse.

on this day Quickthorn produced the fastest time of all the races that day, so what you might say.

well says i consider this most "fastest average" times of the day are produced by sprinters so its noteworthy (get in my notepad) when an 8F horse produces the fastest average and the further up the distance scale the less it happens 12F 14F quite rare. however 16f and16f+ horses that beat the average are as rare as rocking horse shit. Quickthorn beat the standard by 1.4 seconds and wasnt stopping. i will not disagree if anyone says, well it wouldnt have won that far if stradavarius and trueshan hadnt pulled out but let me put it this way, both those horses would have had to run faster than they have ever run previously to beat Quickthorn, ok others will argue about ground conditions and thats a fair argument but heres my point- if they all line up in future and i include Kyprios in that. Quickthorn will be a horse well worth backing because it will be behind those 3 in the betting with a serious chance of beating them.

Edited by Zilzalian