Racing Chat-Thursday 25th August

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

System selections for Newcastle ....... competitive card with plenty of double figure fields. It's tempting to pick two horses per race but that's a bit of a cheat for a system ....... so top rated only. I expect some of these will be EW prices.

5.45 - Wynter Wildes (WON 5/1)
6.15 - Tregony (WON 5/1) and Natchez Trace (joint top rated)
6.45 - Secret Glow
7.15 - Honky Tonk Man
7.45 - Zaman Jemil (WON 11/8)
8.15 - Thaki
8.45 - Stone Circle

Not bad ........ 3 winners

at 1 point win - stakes 8.00, returns 14.38

profit - 6.38 points

20 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

They are able to play a " Joker " in certain races @Zilzalian kind of sums things up , one less meeting to waste time on is a bonus ?

I gave up betting after race one, i ended up with a long list of non triers but i binned it due to sometimes you can record information that has no future relevance to anything and it clutters up your brain ? I am even putting a warning sign on any speed figures i list out of this lot. just one noteworthy horse and that was Zaman Jamil

22 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

It's a bookies benefit day once again.  This time at Newcastle this evening with a Racing League event

I will be betting very low stakes and looking for trainers who do well at the track, are in good current form with 50 plus RTF figures, and also have a good current winning strike rate.  I reckon that I will still need a lot of blooming luck. 

Tread very carefully at Newcastle, I suggest. ?

I forgot that this rubbish was on ITV so I missed my free bet on the first race from having a winner on the last race on Sunday.

Looking at the odds I suspect I would have been on the winner.

A bit of a schoolboy error, £250 down the swanny, grrr.