BILLY HILLS NAP TABLE - December 2021

MCLARKE

Hi to everyone.

Alas i've not posted since October 12th due to being rushed to hospital with a severe Pancreas condition , i've unfortunately hit my 80th consecutive day at the hospital today.

Also unfortunate to being too ill to even think about using a computer so basically that's the fundamental and only reason for not posting on this great site.

I'm now starting to get back to some normality by actually looking at sports betting which is always a good measure of improvement and feeling a bit nearer normal despite losing 35lb in weight whilst in hospital.

Fully intend to start posting on all competitions again from Jan 1st although my release from hospital is likely to be around the 12th of Jan.

Apologies to MCCLARKE and all the guys running the other comp's for abstaining all this time as i fully appreciate all the hard work that goes with running all these competitions.

See you all again from Saturday , belated Merry Xmas and have a great New Year.

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Most winners.

image.png

All down to the last day. I could go with Harmonya Maker at 8/15 (0.53) but it's not part of my system so I'll go with Cilaos Emery at 8/11.

I think I am correct that in terms of most winners being equal then the SR determines the winner, I am happy to be corrected if not !

Prize Money

• £60 to the winner + Punters Lounge Merchandise
  • £30 to the second + Punters Lounge Merchandise
  • £20 to the third + Plus Punters Lounge Merchandise
  • £10 to the fourth
  • £20 Most Winners with a profit of at least £10
  • £30 KO CUP winner
  • £10 KO Cup Runner Up

15 bets required to qualify for prizes this month.

===============================================================================

I have copied this from a Billy Hills "Roll of Honour" table on 1 June 2020.   It clearly states "£20 Most Winners with a profit of at least £10" Hence it seems to me that it is the most winners that count and not the most profit.  Don't know what happens if there is a tie but I would have thought that the member with the most profit should then prevail.  But hey, I don't make the rules, you do ?

Edited by The Equaliser

3 hours ago, Xtc12 said:

With the most winners I think that in this case, if they are level the prize money should be shared and then make a decision how to separate people for future competitions.

Yes I agree,  I can't find anything in the rules about higher strike rate prevailing in the case of a tie but please correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, Johnrobertson said:

Yes I agree,  I can't find anything in the rules about higher strike rate prevailing in the case of a tie but please correct me if I am wrong.

The higher strike rate has to prevail in the most winners comp John especially if the competitor has achieved £10 profit or more.  I don't think that BillyHills ever provided for a tie in the competition.  Perhaps if @MCLARKEhas access to BillyHills data at around March 20 then it could settle this? To me it is obvious that if there is a tie with the most winners then the competitor with the highest profit should win it.  Should there be a tie with the most winners and still a tie on the profit made then I think that the prize should be shared. However, I respect other members views and will willingly go along with any decision made by the admin team

Edited by The Equaliser

23 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

The higher strike rate has to prevail in the most winners comp John especially if the competitor has achieved £10 profit or more.  I don't think that BillyHills ever provided for a tie in the competition.  Perhaps if @MCLARKEhas access to BillyHills data at around March 20 then it could settle this? To me it is obvious that if there is a tie with the most winners then the competitor with the highest profit should win it.  However, I respect other members views and will willingly go along with any decision made by the admin team

Yes I agree if its a tie then the highest profit should win it.

I've managed to dig out the last rules from BH and I was incorrect, it is the highest profit that determines the winner.

"I propose to introduce the new format at the beginning of April, which means the qualification for the Cup will be as normal in March.

From April 1st

Winner : £60
Second : £30
Third £20
Fourth: £10
Highest Amount of Winners with min £10 Profit : £20
(if level, most profit will win, then S/R)"

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

I've managed to dig out the last rules from BH and I was incorrect, it is the highest profit that determines the winner.

"I propose to introduce the new format at the beginning of April, which means the qualification for the Cup will be as normal in March.

From April 1st

Winner : £60
Second : £30
Third £20
Fourth: £10
Highest Amount of Winners with min £10 Profit : £20
(if level, most profit will win, then S/R)"

I can understand the bit about if level then the one with the most profit wins but surely if one competitor has more winners than any other and his profit is £10 or more he/she should win the prize? 

Is it possible to increase the prize to at least £30; I think that the effort on behalf of the competitors is worth it?

Looks like John Robertson has won it by a street.  Congrats to him ?

Edited by The Equaliser