Worst standard world poker tour event EVER

mrmuzeman

Shooting Stars Series 3 episode was just on. The guy who won it was RUBBISH! He was constantly going all in and was just drawing EVERYTHING (won in the end with a 43o hitting 3 on river). The bloke who came 2nd was just a rock as well who got lucky (kept folding K10 on the button when every1 already folded to him). The winning guy called an all in bet with an gutshot straight draw and all sorts, really really bad player and crazy action! One time he was outkicked, he had A7s against AK preflop. Flop had a king and so he needed running 77 to win and I dont need to say what heppened. At the same time was great entertainment so download it if you can :ok

Re: Worst standard world poker tour event EVER I caught the 2nd half of that show. The winner was indeed pretty poor. I couldn't believe it when he hit runner runner 7s on the turn and river :loon. He didn't seem like a particularly good sport either. Despite getting stupidly lucky he didn't seem to apologise to his opponents, and when he won by hitting a 3 on the river he just ran to the crowd and didn't even shake hands with the runner-up :eyes

Re: Worst standard world poker tour event EVER Yep i seen this last night I couldn't believe how bad a player he was, Danny Nyugen or summin like that. He was a poker dealer for a few years I think they said, won entry into this tourney and won $1million. Everything he went in on he got lucky. He was constantly raising on absolutely nothing hoping to get lucky. I really wanted to smack him one, he was annoying me so much. Anyway enough ranting Wish i was that lucky :tongue2

Re: Worst standard world poker tour event EVER Danny did lose one hand to Corey when Corey hit trip 8s on the river to stay in in the first half of the show. What can you say? Sometimes holding the shiatty end of the stick doesn't mean it's that bad. It was a freak one-off where the bully won. Eh, what can you do when the cards hit you that well? Slow down? Tremendous heart but not play encouraged on a regular basis. Entertaining to watch, outrageous draws but this final table was surely the exception to the rule (you will not look forward to when Tuan Le beats out Paul Maxfield and Hasan Habib in the end-of-season championship. I certainly fooking didn't! :lol).

Re: Worst standard world poker tour event EVER Ahh but when corey won with trip 8s, the only reason he went behind was because Nguyen hit a flukey 10 on the turn calling an all in on the flop with a inside straight draw or some such!

Eh, what can you do when the cards hit you that well? Slow down?
Thats exactly what you do, slow down. He had 2 million chips, more than twice as much as anyone else of the remaining 3 and still kept doing silly all ins! His stack dwindled to 250k after that! very lucky to get back up

Re: Worst standard world poker tour event EVER In the interview he claimed that as a dealer he always knows what everone else at the table has:rollin . Considering his calls I don't think this this is correct. Personally I don't expect to see him at too many final tables in the near future:hope .