** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Oct 5th fixtures

eddiem

Altrincham v Grimsby
You have to hand it to Altrincham as they have known beaten Notts County and Dagenham in their last 3 games as well as a comprehensive 4-1 win over Kings Lynn. Although they only had 3 shots on target on Saturday they did create plenty of chances as they have been doing in recent matches. They are 3 from 3 at home and clearly they have the capability of beating another side who are top of the table, as Grimsby overtook Dagenham on Saturday. Grimsby had a very comfortable afternoon beating Dover 6-0 and that meant they are 5/5 at home this term. Away though it has been a different story and they have only managed to beat Torquay on their travels so far and that was when the home side were struggling. They were poor at Maidenhead and then lost to Bromley. I'd still make them slight favourites to win this, but no way should the home side be as big as they are based on recent performances and confidence is going to be sky high right now.

Halifax v Notts County
Two losses on the spin now for County and their defending left a lot to be desired against Woking on Saturday. They weren't strong up front either as an xG of just 0.78 suggests and that is the 3rd time in their last 4 games that the opposition have had a higher xG than them. Halifax have been pretty good at home so far this season and were a bit unfortunate not to win at Barnet on Saturday. Somehow Pete Wild has got together another side who are capable of finishing in the top half of the table which is some achievement and I think they will cause County problems here, especially given County don't seem quite at it at the moment certainly compared to earlier in the season. Halifax certainly look the value call to me.

Woking v Dagenham & Redbridge
Two of our ante-post sides so probably better a Dagenham win, but no doubt in my mind that Woking are the value play here. Obviously we know what they did at Notts County on Saturday and as much as Tahvon Campbell didn't impress me when he was on loan at Gloucester last season, he has been very impressive for Woking and he is now up to 8 goals for the season. Dagenham are obviously a very good side, but losing in the way they did on Saturday was not good. They also seem to have this habit of going behind at the moment. I would still have Dagenham as favourites, but Woking aren't anywhere near as far behind them in quality as the betting suggests.

Wrexham v Chesterfield
It is so annoying that with no other football on TV on Tuesday that BT Sport have chosen to put Wealdstone v Solihull on as the live game whereas as this one or the Woking v Dagenham game would have been much better choices to highlight the division. Chesterfield will be keen to put their last two results behind them because dropping 3 points in the way they did was pretty shocking and certainly not what potential champions do. This will be a tough game, but I've still yet to be convinced by Wrexham and they suffered a couple of key injuries on Saturday in their abandoned game. I'd argue that Chesterfield are likely to have the stronger starting line up and although Chesterfield have already been backed I still think there is juice in the price.

Altrincham 1pt @ 9/4 with Bet365 (take up to 15/8)
Halifax 1pt @ 12/5 with Bet365 (take up to 15/8)
Woking 1pt @ 13/5 with Bet365 (take up to 15/8)
Chesterfield 1pt @ 13/5 with Bet365 (take up to 7/4)

46 minutes ago, eddiem said:

Anything decent for tonight Darren ? I fancy Aldershot to beat Dover. Shots not been playing that bad. Don't know much about Dover though. Any help appreciated.

Dover are proving harder to beat at home at the moment and although I would just favour the away win out of the 3 possible results I do think any value in the price has long gone. Aldershot at odds on just don't really appeal at all.

Thanks Darrren. I was told by a neighbour that was at the match on Saturday that Wrexham looked a class or two above Aldershot so will leave that one. 

Any fancies in the FA Cup replays. I assume you'd fancy Brackley to get the job done tonight. Looking for a double or treble if anything else stands out for you.

15 minutes ago, eddiem said:

Thanks Darrren. I was told by a neighbour that was at the match on Saturday that Wrexham looked a class or two above Aldershot so will leave that one. 

Any fancies in the FA Cup replays. I assume you'd fancy Brackley to get the job done tonight. Looking for a double or treble if anything else stands out for you.

They were although fair to say Dover are miles away from Wrexham's ability. Nothing in the FA Cup although I do suspect Brackley will get the job done. Bognor and Stalybridge are a couple of odds on shots who I would fancy to win tonight.

Thanks Darrren.

I took Aldershot in a double with Bromley.

Then added your two suggestions Stalybridge and Bognor to Brackley for a nice treble.

Your help is greatly appreciated as I tend to do a good few short ones in Non League as they're usually more reliable than the top leagues.

Edited by eddiem
typo error