** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Gauging Interest for a Custom Tipping Competition App

kuklachert

Hi all,

I like betting myself (mostly on tennis) and was recently playing with an idea of creating a webapp where users could create their custom tipping competitions. It would work similarly to the tipping competitions on this forum, with the important distinction that users could start and manage their own private competitions.

So let's say you and a group of your mates all like betting on Premier League and want to start a tournament where everyone throws in 50 pounds at the beginning of the season, starts with the same amount of play money, places play bets on PL matches (using odds from a real bookmaker which the app would regularly update). The top 1/3/5 players who end up with most play money at the end of the PL season share the money pot. The app would handle all bets, custom rules (e.g. prize money allocation, restricting max bet amounts so that the participants don't go bust too early) and calculate standings after each event. In theory, such tournaments could be rolled out for any competition (CL, euros etc.)

Is this a service you can imagine yourself using? Does the idea of a relatively low-risk gambling round where you measure your success not by absolute profit&loss but rather comparatively to the other people's/friends'/colleagues' performance sound fun to you? Can you think of features that would make such tournaments more interesting to you?

I'm posting this on several platforms so don't be surprised if you read a similar post elsewhere, hope I'm not breaking any rules. Grateful for any feedback on the idea.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Gauging Interest for a Custom Tipping Competition App