** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

The Memorial Tournament

Fader

The Memorial gets underway tomorrow. One of my favourite events this one. Much like an Open feel to it. I would imagine the winner here is a big player. I can't see a big price winning here and reflected on that is my picks. I'm on Cantlay and Woods. Cantlay after hitting that -7 on the final round last week has kept me on side, and Woods can't be 25/1 that's too big. 

I can't see the likes of Thomas winning after that scarring last week. I can't see Morikawa keeping up that form. I'm taking Webb as my third as his price is also far too big. Woodland is another with momentum coming into this and Ancer I have to follow after getting so close with him.

The others are big priced each-way picks and in my mind I'm thinking each-way placings is the best we're gonna find there but you never know.

2pts P. Cantlay to win The Memorial 14/1 bet365
2pts T. Woods to win The Memorial 25/1 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------
1pt E/W W. Simpson to win The Memorial 25/1 willhill (8 places 1/5th)
1pt E/W G. Woodland to win The Memorial 40/1 willhill (8 places 1/5th)
1pt E/W A. Ancer to win The Memorial 45/1 willhill (8 places 1/5th)
0.5pts E/W S.Im to win The Memorial 70/1 willhill (8 places 1/5th)
0.5pts E/W I.Poulter to win The Memorial 80/1 willhill (8 places 1/5th)
0.5pts E/W D. Willett to win The Memorial 125/1 willhill (8 places 1/5th)
0.5pts E/W M. Wallace to win The Memorial 150/1 willhill (8 places 1/5th)
0.5pts E/W T. Gooch E/W to win The Memorial 250/1 willhill (8 place 1/5th) 

15pts staked
Golf 2020 +136.74pts

Love the picks! Thank you for sharing. Definitely agree that Thomas and Morikawa would be players to avoid this week after the drama that unfolded last Sunday. Definitely hard to predict this field, much deeper than we've seen in recent weeks. 

I'm right there with you on Cantlay. Between his previous performance at this course and how he closed out last week, there's so much to like there. I grabbed him at 14/1 as well, with small plays on Jon Rahm (22/1) after his -8 on Sunday and Xander Shauffele to win (28/1). Staking just .25 on each since I don't much enjoy betting on outright winners. 

Would also agree that each way/finishing position bets are the way to go this week. Here are some others I like based off key stats and past performance at Muirfield (apologies for listing the odds the American way):

Xander Schauffele Top 20 Finish (+125) 2 units

Patrick Cantlay Top 20 Finish (+100) 2 units

Jason Day Top 40 Finish (+100) 1 unit

Rickie Fowler Top 30 Finish (+110) 1 unit

Tony Finau Top 30 Finish (+125) 1 unit

Justin Rose Top 40 Finish (-120) 1 unit --- Even after last week's disaster, Rosie's history here is too good for me to pass on. 

Best of luck to all those getting in on the action at the Memorial this week! 

I can see Xander doing well. He's due a win for sure and it could be this weekend. I was tempted to follow Day again also this week. Did me well last week and a I said there this is his "home" ground so to speak.

I'm going to add a few 1st round leader picks here. feelings are that Cantlay hits the ground running here atleast for round 1. Matsuyama tends to also start well here and got a placing on this last week and finally the bigger prices are players i think will have good 1st rounds and fade away potentially.

1pt e/w cantlay 1st round leader 25/1 paddypower (6 places 1/5th)
1pt e/w  Matusyama 1st round leader 30/1 paddypower (6 places 1/5th)
0.5pts e/w I.Poulter 1st round leader 66/1 paddypower (6 places 1/5th) 
0.5pts e/w d.willett 1st round leader 80/1 paddypower (6 places 1/5th)

Strange old tournament in which Rahm wins very easily in the end. I have no idea how Woodland let it slip so bad after the first round. Only Wallace got in the top 8 for me. Danny Willett absolutely crapped the bed in the last round, hitting +10. Cantlay +7 just a mad tournament. 30/1 for the Wallace placement, but at just 0.5pts, the 15.5pts means -6.5pts for me. 

Well done GangGreen for going for Rahm at 22s

Golf 2020 +130.24pts

Thank you Fader! Even with some of the bumps, an incredible year for you so far. 

What a strange week of golf. So many names with awful performances (Dustin Johnson, Fowler, Matsuyama), honorable mention to Bryson's meltdown on Friday. Then you have the Gary Woodlands of the world who were hot at the start and completely melted. Then there's Xander, who goes +6 and winds up with a miracle T20. Jordan Spieth plays decent and Tony Finau drops six shots on Sunday and still manages a top 10. Just a wild event, but I suppose it's more entertaining than the normal bit we see every week normally. 

I was so-so on finishing positions, with Schauffele somehow getting T13 but Cantlay managing himself out of a sure-fire top 20 spot. In total, would up ahead about 0.75 units.

Obviously having Jon Rahm is what saved me. Even at just 0.25 units, it's a +5.5 profit at 22/1, so that's going to result in a positive week at +5.75 total. Anytime that happens (especially after the Workday event), I'll take it. Onto the next one, where things should be much easier!