PDC World Championship

Fader

The big one gets started tonight. One of my most favourite sporting events of the year, let alone the darts calender. This event symbolizes christmas more to me then santa haha

Van Gerwen won this last year and indeed that was his third win of this tournament in the past 3 years BUT i still do not think that this style of set-play suits him. There are so many players coming into this event out-of-form that the odds are all over the place. I'm going to take 1 from each quarter of the draw. MVG is in the top half. There is alot of pressure on Price this year in my opinion. He is expected to challenge and at 5/1 he is no price for me.

I'm going to take a punt on Ian White and Nathan Aspinall in the top half. Aspinall is a player more than capable nowadays of 100+ averages and White is a thorn in MVGs side. He is one of a few players that can beat MVG on any given day.

In the bottom half, it's much more open. It's setup very well for Price, but as mentioned before that brings pressure. I like Durrant and Peter Wright. Chizzy is tempting and it was hard to decide between the two, but Wright has a better h2h against Chisnall.

2pts E/W P.Wright to win Worlds 16/1 betfred
2pts E/W N.Aspinall to win the Worlds 40/1 bet365
2pts E/W G.Durrant to win Worlds 40/1 betfred
1pt E/W I.White to win the Worlds 66/1 bet365

Klaasen beat Burness 6-0 when they met in the past but one to swerve for me. I think Klaasen wins but he is so random it's unreal.

The one I do like tonight is Humphries to win. He faces Devon Petersen, who despite liking this kind of event, tends to fly hot and cold. It all started for Humphries here last year when he went on that little run. A run which involved beating Rob Cross. He is a real prospect and a player I rate highly. His 5 matches last year gives a combined average of 95 and although Devon actually did pretty well himself last year, his 4 matches at the Worlds have an average of 91.

Humphries is ranked higher and has beaten better opponents. He has already won the World Youth Championships with consistent scores in the mid 90s.

5pts L.Humphries to beat D.Peterson 7/10 betfair

1pt S.Bunting to win Quarter 1 28/1 paddypower
1pt D.Noppert to win Quarter 3 22/1 paddypower
1pt G.Durrant to win Quarter 4 8/1 ladbrokes

I'm adding these 3. Bunting has picked up some recent form and at 28s for him to win his quarter looks like too big a price. Noppert much the same on his price and Durrant only has Price above him on the odds yet he is 8/1. 8/1 for him to beat a player he's already beaten this year. 

Just one for me tomorrow. Labanauskas to beat Matthew Edgar. These two actually met eachother last year in this event, in the 1st round. Lab won that match 3-1 and with a 10pt extra average. He is far more experienced and experience counts for alot up there for this kind of event. Each night is deafening. 

6.5pts D.Labanauskas to beat M.Edgar 8/13 bet365

[ PDC World Championships ]
bets = 1/1 / bank =
+3.5pts

On 12/14/2019 at 1:02 PM, notanotherdonkey said:

One bet for me today and it is Luke Woodhouse to beat Paul Lim @ 4-5 .Lim normally plays well in this tournament but am taking him on today and it is a 5 point bet.Good Luck

This was one I looked at as Lim is in his 60s nowadays but he is so loved he is bound to raise his game. I would still expect Woodhouse to win it but previous performances put me off. I even remember Lim nearly hitting a 9-darter.

[ PDC World Championships ]
bets = 3/3 / bank = 
+11.5pts

On the road at the moment but I’m tempted by Jose Justicia if his price was a little nicer. Monk isn’t the best player in the world. The one I will be going for though is Brendan Dolan to win 3-0. Not a lot of time to explain my full reasoning but Kumar is quite inexperienced and last year only won 2 legs in his 3-0 loss in round 1.

5.5pts B.Dolan to best Kumar 3-0 8/11 betfair

Well, there's been a few upsets already in this tournament. Smith the latest, lastnight. Just an evening of darts today. No lunchtime session.

The one I like tonight is William O'Connor on the handicap, to beat Kantele.O'Connor has had a good season and is no stranger to the Worlds stage now. He's got a solid 91.72 average in his 4 matches here whilst Kantele went out in Round 1 with a 87.21 average on his last outing here. I wouldn't be suprised to see a 3-0 sets win here, but the price on the -1.5 handicap is not too bad really.

The other that I like (but not enough to tip outright) is Van Der Voort (-1.5) to beat teen Irishman, Keane Barry. Barry is only 17 but looks to have a great career ahead of him. He was knocked out of the Youth tournament by eventual winner Humphries but managed a solid average throughout of 90.08. Van Der Voort though is solid enough to be able to win this one. I'll add it to an accy.

6pts W.O'Connor (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Kantele 4/6 bet365
0.5pts Accy - O'Connor (-1.5 sets) / Van Der Voort (-1.5 sets) / S.Lennon to beat C.Rydz 3-2 14/1 blacktype

Ahh, Lennon 2 darts to win 3-2 and loses 3-2. 2 darts away from the 14/1 accy. Nevertheless a win for O'Connor. He played pants though! I was toying with over 4.5 sets but i went with Lennon 3-2 because I thought the experience would do him. I'm going to have a look at tomorrows card in the morning I think. 

bets = 4/4 matchplay. 0/1 accys. 0/1 outrights
bank = 
+13pts

Despite so many matches today I'm struggling to find much of any value. The majority of the ones I like are all coin-flips that are just not worth tipping up as a decent staked bet. The only bet i'm going to take is Edhouse to beat Koltsov. Koltsov has already beaten Edhouse this year but the two appearences of Kolsov in this event have yielded two 1st round defeats and averages of 76.51 & 79.19.

I'll take another strike at an accy too as there are a few that interest me.

6pts R.Edhouse to beat B.Koltsov 4/6 ladbrokes
1pt accy - Searle (-1.5 sets) De Zwaan (-1.5 sets) Ratajski (-1.5 sets) Edhouse & Malicdem 11/1 betfred

13 hours ago, Fader said:

Despite so many matches today I'm struggling to find much of any value. The majority of the ones I like are all coin-flips that are just not worth tipping up as a decent staked bet. The only bet i'm going to take is Edhouse to beat Koltsov. Koltsov has already beaten Edhouse this year but the two appearences of Kolsov in this event have yielded two 1st round defeats and averages of 76.51 & 79.19.

I'll take another strike at an accy too as there are a few that interest me.

6pts R.Edhouse to beat B.Koltsov 4/6 ladbrokes
1pt accy - Searle (-1.5 sets) De Zwaan (-1.5 sets) Ratajski (-1.5 sets) Edhouse & Malicdem 11/1 betfred

Followed the last 3 days on your main bets...Cheers bud keep up the good work and good luck mate.

9 hours ago, bookiebasher said:

Followed the last 3 days on your main bets...Cheers bud keep up the good work and good luck mate.

Thank you bookiebasher. I'm too greedy with the accys. If I just went with winners instead of handicaps they both would have come in :(

bets = 5/5 matchplay. 0/2 accys. 0/1 outrights
bank = 
+16pts

4 minutes ago, Fader said:

Thank you bookiebasher. I'm too greedy with the accys. If I just went with winners instead of handicaps they both would have come in :(

bets = 5/5 matchplay. 0/2 accys. 0/1 outrights
bank = 
+16pts

Haha im the same mate..I post soccer bets on an american site and if i stuck to singles i would be further in front..But i can never resist an Acca..Saying that though ive hit 3 in the last 2 days so dont give up..You,ll get one mate.

Another full day of Darts today. I can't believe Sherrock won. Good on her. I thought maybe she would get a set, but to win and win with a good average was immense for darts. Today I'm going for Asada and Harry Ward. I felt so sorry for Asada last year against James Wade. He was outplaying James until James decided to get agressive with him and it really took him out of his stride and he ended up losing the match. This will be Asadas third World Championships and all in a row. In 2018 on his debut he won the prelim match with an average of 86.65 and then went out to eventual winner Rob Cross with a 92.91 average. Last year he beat Ratajski with a 90.64 average and then, as mentioned, lost 3-2 to Wade with a 97.20 average. So he has pedigree. His opponent, Mickey Mansell has been around the block a few times. This will be his 5th outing here. His debut back in 2011 ended with a 4-0 prelim loss (82.70 average) in 2013 a 1st round 3-0 defeat to Taylor (78.46 average) 2015 a 3-0 1st round defeat to Kim Huybrechts (87.65 average) and finally last year 3-1 1st round defeat to Jim Long (75.22 average). so combined 13-1 losses and all in round 1. Averages compared? Asada 91.85 vs Mansell 81.00. I'll take Asada and a small bet on Asada on the handicap. The 3-0 is tempting at 5/1.

Harry Ward and Madars Razma are both debutants here this year and that's always dodgy to call because we don't know how they are going to cope. Some players are just not made for the noise and pressure of the big stage. Ward has already beaten Razma once this year though and although Razma, the 84th seed is the favourite, I think it's value for Ward to prevail again. Ward has already won an event this year, winning the Players Championship 16 event and there he beat the likes of Michael Smith, Nathan Aspinall & De Sousa and Max Hopp so I think he has every chance to beat Razma.

6pts S.Asada to beat M.Mansell 5/6 blacktype
5pts H.Ward to beat M.Razma 6/5 betfair
2.5pts S.Asada (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Mansell 17/10 betfred
1pt accy - Meulenkamp, Asada, Ward, Wilson, Payne & Clemens 14/1 betfair

Verrry nice. I thought Ward had thrown it away after busting twice in a row but held his nerve to come back from 2-1 down to win 3-2. I knew I should have gone for the 3-0 Asada. He didn't play very well, but good enough for a whitewash. We hope that the other 3 of the accy comes in now. No doubt one will put in a shocker.

bets = 8/10 matchplay. 0/4 accys. 0/1 outrights
bank = 
+26.5pts

BOOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOM...YOU THE MAN FADER.... ASADA WINS EASY... WARD COMES BCK FROM THE DEATH AND WINS NICELY... 3 OUTTA 3 ON THE ACCA SO FAR... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS ??? LOL...  CHEERS MATE..YOUR MAKING XMAS A WHOLE LOT BETTER AS I WAS INFORMED TODAY THAT I WONT BE GETTING PAID UNTIL THE 30TH JANUARY....FADER THE DARTS KING ? 

8 minutes ago, bookiebasher said:

BOOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOM...YOU THE MAN FADER.... ASADA WINS EASY... WARD COMES BCK FROM THE DEATH AND WINS NICELY... 3 OUTTA 3 ON THE ACCA SO FAR... DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS ??? LOL...  CHEERS MATE..YOUR MAKING XMAS A WHOLE LOT BETTER AS I WAS INFORMED TODAY THAT I WONT BE GETTING PAID UNTIL THE 30TH JANUARY....FADER THE DARTS KING ? 

let's hope they keep on coming then mate. Thank you very much.

21 missed doubles. Embarrassing. Go home, Wilson.

150/1 on Kucs winning his quarter. I think he beats Cullen if he's anywhere above 90 average again. Humphries will be a good match. It's quite an open quarter. Huge price. Anyway, as I'm steaming like hell, I'm going to take Payne on the match treble. 

The Payne treble comes in whilst steaming. Great stuff ? ahh can't tell you how annoying yesterday evening was but the afternoon was a success i suppose. On to today, and another full card for the day. We finish Round 1 and start to get the bigger names now and so we see Price and Chisnall in action tonight.

I like a couple today for the accy but in terms of main bets it's quite trappy. I'm going to go for Big John Henderson first up to beat Richardson. Henderson does well here, with averages in the mid 90s.Richardson is a hard one to call because although he was poor in Round 1 but he did face a woman which seems to bring it's own pressures. I'm really tempted to go for Beaton but the head-2-head scares me off. I'll add him to the accy but no bet in the mains. 

Finally, I'm going to risk the 100% match bets with 2 outsiders. First, I'm going for Meulenkamp to beat Dobey. Dobey is an awesome player but he's very inconsistent and Meulenkamp always raises his game for the Worlds. The price is too big for him to win this. finally, less likely but I'm going to go for Van Der Voort to beat Chizzy. Chizzy is another one that is too up and down. Van Der Voort is abit more solid in his play and unless Chizzy plays in the 90s he could be in trouble. In 2018 Van Der Voort beat Chizzy 3-0.

6.5pts J.Henderson to beat J.Richardson 8/13 betvictor
4pts R.Meulenkamp to beat C.Dobey 6/4 bet365
2.5pts Van Der Voort to beat D.Chisnall 2/1 betfair
1.25pt accy - Joyce / Henderson / Beaton / Meulenkamp 11/1 betfair

16 minutes ago, bookiebasher said:

Thats another one in mate.Good Ol Big John..Shame about Joyce in the Acca..He looked like he choked at the wrong time... Well played mate and im looking forward to tonight now.

Yeah he really did :( so many darts to win it. Dekker was shocking too I’ll be laying him next round. Just my luck the others will come in 

Lots of bottling today. Joyce darts to win and 2-0 up in the final set. Meulenkamp darts to win and 2-0 up in final set. Van Der Voort about 30 darts to win set 1 and bottles it. Completely outscores the awful Chisnall and loses 3-1. Sometimes just can't help people with the nerve of a knat.

bets = 8/10 matchplay. 0/4 accys. 0/1 outrights
bank = 
+26.5pts

ooh, Price got abit lucky last night. None of the top dogs have really come out flying yet. Another full day of darts today, which is comforting in this awful bloody weather. Darren Webster gets the matches underway against Yuki Yamada. Webster in his last 5 years here has an average of 91.14 and that is including his 85 last year in a round 1 exit to Van Der Voort. In general, he gets 90s scores. He faces Yamada who managed 85 in beating a very awful Meikle.

Next up I'm taking Clayton to beat Dekker (-1.5) Dekker managed just an 84 average when falling over the line against Joyce. The 16th seed Clayton should be able to win this one no worse off than 3-1. Into the evening and I'll take my outright tip Asp to beat Baggish 3-0. Baggish managed just 84.94 against Boulton and you'd expect Aspinall to want to impress tonight.

I'll take Hopp to beat Van Der Pas next. Van Der Pas still doesn't look right and should not be here really. How he managed to win that match against Clemens I don't know. I think Hopp beats him tonight.

6.5pts D.Webster (-1.5 sets) to beat Y.Yamada 8/13 betfred
4pts J.Clayton (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Dekker evens blacktype
4pts N.Aspinall to beat D.Baggish 3-0 11/8 betfair
1pt accy - Webster (-1.5 sets) Clayton (-1.5) King, Evans 7/1 blacktype
0.5pt accy - all of the above + Hopp and Kurz 32/1 blacktype

Had an afternoon off today as I had boxing in the morning. I've gone for Brown, Whitlock, West and Lewis in a boosted accy but my main bet today will be Payne to beat Van Der Bergh. I really like Payne and although i think it will be close, I was impressed in round 1

5pts J.Payne to beat Van Der Bergh 6/5 betfair
1.5pts accy -  West, Payne, Sherrock (+2.5 sets) 8/1 betfair