Croatia HNL 2019/20

Osijek vs Dinamo Zagreb

Osijek had big European ambitions before the season but they failed to pass further over the Bulgarian team CSKA Sofia. The new manager is young, and without a real experience at this level, already made some critical errors. The players have a hard time adapting to a 3-5-2 system, none of the players played in this system regularly and the formation changes affected the results. Without a doubt, Osijek has quality individuals and is amongst the top 4 Croatian clubs, but the moment might be not ideal for Osijek as they still feel the consequences of Europa League failure. Midfielders Jugovic(1/0) and Dugandzic(1/0) are out, defender Sorsa(2/0) and midfielder Pilj(2/0) are both doubtful before the game with minor knocks. Dinamo is above CSKA and Osijek level, one level above all their rivals in Croatian championship. The manager is using substitute players in the league and so far it's producing results. Coach created a perfect machine and Dinamo is serious to maintain dominance and develop further. Yes, Dinamo is definitely focused on the second Champions League leg vs Ferencvaros (1:1 first game) but the coach is one of those, obsessed to win in every game and with enough resources to choose from. Last time two teams met here Osijek won 2:1, but Dinamo was already the champion (27.04.2019.) and it was the game without result imperative. Dinamo won 5 out of last 7 games in Osijek. 

Pick: Dinamo +0
Odds: 1.75 at Pinnie (now 1,73)

Slaven Belupo vs Hajduk (Croatia HNL)

Slaven Belupo started the season with the hopes of avoiding the relegation battle. The team has no European ambitions, simply, the club is nowhere close to other Europ- competitors in HNL and from this perspective, they would accept any place above the relegation zone. Important midfielder Canadjija(3/0) is a fresh miss for Slaven Belupo, midfielders Jajalo(0/0) and Plantak(0/0) are set to miss again while striker Krstanovic(1/1) is back. Hajduk had a terrible previous season and is out of Euro competitions already since they have produced a shocking loss vs Maltese team Gzira. The new and experienced coach arrived following the Europa League exit. With the new manager Damir Buric, Hajduk earned three wins in the league (8:0 goal difference) and they have genuine chance to grab the leading position for the first time after 1379 days. Nothing but a win would satisfy Hajduk, this is more than three points game as it's described as the character test for Hajduk players (If they can handle the pressure of taking the chance to become table leaders). Goalkeeper Posavec(2/0), defender Colina(1/0) and midfielder Juric(1/0) are again unavailable due injuries. Attacker Jakolis(0/0 new signing) is ready to debut today.

PICK: Hajduk Split -0.75 1.84 (now 1.79)

Orinigaly published here: https://www.insidesport.info/betting...-vs-hajduk/776

Edited by Dellpierro

• 5 months later...

The winter break is finally over and Croatian clubs are about to start, or better to say continue, their campaign in 1 HNL. I`m planning to write some kind of preview for the spring part of the season together with transfer news and an overview of each of the clubs as soon as possible.

Inter Zapresic - Istra     

The first match starts soon and I`m really sorry I couldn`t post this sooner. Inter with a new chairman and manager Zeljko Petrovic. The new chairman is some kind of a football agent whose main goal is to earn some money by selling players and Inter can be a nice "platform" for that sort of a business. It`s been turbulent in Zapresic these days because many players arrived and some left in a very short period of time. To cut the long story short, there is a big question mark next to Inter`s name and all I can say their squad doesn`t look that impressive on paper.

Istra has been is co-owned by Alaves  for some time now and although they promised to invest serious money to make the club more competitive but this hasn`t happened yet. They have a promising coach Prelec and I have to say that in the first part of the season they were definitely the unluckiest club conceding many goals in the dying moments and this losing matches. They`ve lost 11 matches and they certainly did not deserve to lose in at least 5 of them.  They are an organized side that know how  to defend and hit the opposition on counters.

This is an important match for both sides and I think Istra won`t lose tonight. Inter doesn`t have a real advantage playing at home because there are 200-300 spectators in average in each of their matches.

My picks :  Istra  X2

total goals  under 2,5

Edited by ivanhoe