Charles Schwab Challenge

Bamford

From the monster course at Bethpage Black, we move to the classical, short, old-style course at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas. Pure Bentgrass greens await a short 122-player field and that will be a huge plus point for many in this field. Take defending Colonial champion, Justin Rose, who has 7 PGA Tour Bentgrass wins to his name - the most in this field.  At 7,200 yards, length off the tee is not a determining factor. Instead we need the sharpist of approach play, allied to the ever important capability to putt well. Greens are very small at 4,500 sq.ft. and finding the middle of greens still leaves a mass of 5 feet chances to convert. Course management, the ability to score well on par-4s and a level of accuracy off the tee, are all helpful here.

I'm on Francesco Molinari (20/1), Paul Caset (28/1), Chez Reavie (66/1) and Brandt Snedeker (66/1).

I'm going to take Molinari this week. He did well on the Bentgrass last year and even this year at the Masters he came T5. He has the game here this week and has the short game needed for this smaller greens. He is 13th on the Bentgrass over the last 5 years. Other than Rose, he is the player I like the most at the top of the betting. I would have liked to have seen him here before, but the fact he has performed so well on similar courses bodes well.

I'll also take Sabbatini. Has won here before albeit a while ago. He made T20 last year and he's in the form of his life. Other than these two, I'll take some bigger prices. A couple for reasons that the wind may be in town this week and these players perform with the win and others due to form here and I think will go well.

1.5pts E/W F.Molinari to win 20/1 Betfred (Paying 7 places)
1pt E/W R.Sabbatini to win 50/1 Boylesports (Paying 8 places)
0.75pts E/W A.Ancer to win 80/1 Coral (Paying 7 places)
0.5pts E/W D.Lee to win 80/1 Paddypower (Paying 8 places)
0.25pts E/W B.Haas to win 125/1 Paddypower (Paying 8 places)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.