** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

***Race of the Week: Stewards Cup***

Re: ***Race of the Week: Stewards Cup*** Here's some stats from the RFO that may or may or may not prove useful ;) The draw is important but some homework during the week is needed. Traditionally high numbers are favoured. Despite the huge field of 30, 6 of the last 10 winners have come from the highest 4 boxes :eek. However, last year Pivotal Point won from stall 1 :lol. It is worth noting though, that this low draw bias was apparent throughout the Glorious Goodwood 2004 meeting, hence why i said some homework will be needed this week. It will be very worthwhile looking at the results of the sprints this week to try and guage any bias.

Re: ***Race of the Week: Stewards Cup*** Today's 5f sprint, 1st 3 home were drawn 9, 5, 7 of 15 runners. Yesterday's 2yo 5f sprint, 1st 3 home were 15, 9, 10 of 15 runners. The rest of the field were fairly spilt with a mixture of high/lows down the order with no real bias showing. BBC experts & jockeys indicated today the faster strip was down the centre (where the 2yo winner came down on Tuesday). Therefore, dependant on any further changes, horses drawn in the middle to high may be favoured at the moment. Leading fancy Meccas Mate runs tomorrow at the track in the group 3 sprint, as low as 14/1 for the Stewards cup, trained by the sprint king David Barker (landed the sprint with Sierra Vista today), so may be worth seeing how that comes out of the race. I personnaly think Baltic King still has a big race left in it & will be watching to see if its declared. The worry would be the ground at the moment as the horse is best on a faster surface but certainly capable of winning this if the draw is favourable. On Betfair the horse is 100.0 which leads me to believe it wont run but I am risking a couple of quid at those odds!

Re: ***Race of the Week: Stewards Cup*** FANTASY BELIEVER Each-Way Was 2nd last year off a 3lb higher mark where arguably was an unlucky loser and was runner up again in the Ayr Gold Cup on a 9lb higher mark than todays. Showed he is in good form last time when 6th beaten 3 lengths behind a classy horse on a 8lb higher mark than todays last Saturday and is seen to best effect in these massive field handicaps where he has a high draw today which is an advantage and is on his lowest ever mark since 20 runs ago where he won that day and looks sure to be involved at the finish, he is my Each-Way selection. Form over Course & Distance reads 222. lol, rp Spotlight said 'Would have been a crime if he hadn´t got in here' :lol :lol :lol thats becuase he has an excellent weight for what he has achieved. :ok

Re: ***Race of the Week: Stewards Cup*** PIETER BRUGHEL 50.0 win betfair 9.2 place betfair Hard to judge where the best place to be drawn is but Pieter Brughel could have the plum draw in 28. He is proven on the ground and previous form shows he is more than capable of running a big race off a mark of 86. He has run a series of good races off a mark like this. The stable is flying at the moment too. I couldn't believe the price when i saw it - i was anticipating about 16/1 :eek

Re: ***Race of the Week: Stewards Cup***

FANTASY BELIEVER Each-Way Was 2nd last year off a 3lb higher mark where arguably was an unlucky loser and was runner up again in the Ayr Gold Cup on a 9lb higher mark than todays. Showed he is in good form last time when 6th beaten 3 lengths behind a classy horse on a 8lb higher mark than todays last Saturday and is seen to best effect in these massive field handicaps where he has a high draw today which is an advantage and is on his lowest ever mark since 20 runs ago where he won that day and looks sure to be involved at the finish, he is my Each-Way selection. Form over Course & Distance reads 222. lol, rp Spotlight said 'Would have been a crime if he hadn´t got in here' :lol :lol :lol thats becuase he has an excellent weight for what he has achieved. :ok
3rd @ 16-1 :nana