Memorial Tournament

Bamford

The strongest domestic tournament on the PGA Tour this week with the Memorial at Muirfield Village. Jack Nicklaus' tournament always attracts the very best and this 120-man field is always the strongest non FedEx Cup event of the year. 11 of the world's top 16 are present this week with only Jon Rahm, Brooks Koepka, Paul Casey, Tommy Fleetwood and Sergio Garcia absent. The course is a classical, tree-lined affair which is located in Ohio. There are definite links with Ohio's other world-class course Firestone South and you can find other correlating form links with other Nicklaus course designs played at Career BuilderChallenge, Honda Classic and RBC Canadian Open's played at Glen Abbey. The Champions List is varied. 2010 - 2013  saw Kuchar 22/1; Woods 16/1; Stricker 28/1; and Rose 80/1 win here with Justin capturing his first PGA Tour title. But since then Matsuyama 66/1, Lingmerth 500/1, McGirt 200/1 and Dufner 66/1 have triumphed here. The wins for the first 3 of those were maiden victories with Dufner delivering his 5 PGA Tour victory.

With the top 6 in the betting priced between 12/1 to 16/1 and with Tiger Woods now at sub-20/1 this is a loaded contest. But as we can see above, longer prices do tend to be victorious. I'm going with Leishman 33/1, Grillo 50/1, DeChambeau 50/1, Moore 80/1 and Hoffman 150/1. I'm also backing Charley in the FRL market at 125/1. 

Agree with all of the above great preview again Bamford, I also look at players who've done well at The Masters especially as these bent greens are lighting fast too. GIR and playing the Par 5's are also key to a good score this week.

My selections: Dustin Johnson 16/1 Justin Thomas 16/1 Jason Day 18/1 win only. Charl Schwartzel 50/1 ew (8 places) and my trader Louis Oosthuzien currently around 100/1 (look to trade 25/1)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.