** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

2018 Monaco Grand Prix

Monaco GP

This weekend sees the 6th round of the Formula One Championship and one of the most prestigious races of the season. We are in Monte Carlo for the 76th Monaco Grand Prix, one of the longest standing Grand Prix on the calendar. Unfortunately it is what it is as far as the circuit is concerned and while once upon a time it was a thrilling race these days its really a 162 mile traffic jam from start to finish.

The cars in the modern era need to go faster than Monaco allows and the limited (if any) chances of overtaking means that qualifying is crucial here more than anywhere. The front row has won 10 of the last 12 races, 8 being on pole. The other two GP's were won from the second row so its obvious what you need to do.
Last year Ferrari won for the first time in 16 years and they did it in style with a 1-2, Raikkonen was on pole but lost his lead to his team mate after a pit stop half way through the race. Once again Vettel getting the best strategy in that camp.

It was good to see Hamilton and Mercedes come back to form last week and it could be a close run thing on Saturday in qualifying, the betting at the moment is very open with Vettel at 7/4 and Hamilton on 11/4 with the Red Bulls on 4/1.
If i was pushed for a prediction my head is telling me to follow Vettel, they are qualifying well this year and that could be the deciding factor.

Its a certainty for a Safety Car to appear, it has done for the last 8 years and its 1/10 for another here. Classified drivers is usually low here with an average of 6 retirements, the price for under 15.5 drivers is only 1/2 which is a bit short for my liking.

We landed the points treble last time out and we will have a look at the odds once the grid is sorted out:ok

Early bet

S.Vettel 7/4 bet365

Previous winners

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 11.13.46.png

Prices with Bet365

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 11.36.34.png

23 minutes ago, maryyto said:

So,bet for s.vettel? :)

Hi @maryyto

Obviously after yesterdays practice session the Red Bull team have come to the front but lets wait and see what qualification brings. You need to be on the front row, simple as that. I wouldn't put you off backing Vettel, he's now 100/30 which looks big to me.

:ok

5 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

Hi @maryyto

Obviously after yesterdays practice session the Red Bull team have come to the front but lets wait and see what qualification brings. You need to be on the front row, simple as that. I wouldn't put you off backing Vettel, he's now 100/30 which looks big to me.

:ok

Thanks! :) let's see tomorrow :)

Monaco GP

Daniel Riccardo is 2/5 to win the race after a blistering qualifying lap and if he gets away clean he should be able to dominate. Thanks (or not) to Verstappen we still have a race as the second Red Bull driver will be starting from the pit lane after a crash in P3.

Due to that my bet on Vettel while not looking so good is not lost yet and we all know how race pace is a lot different from practice.

In the Overs and Unders market its around 2/5 for under 15.5 finishers in most places which actually makes the 4/9 for 'Over 13.5' at Betfred look pretty tempting. My guess is that the 15.5 spread is about spot on so going over on 13.5 looks a certainty unless we have a massive pile up.

I see its 1/12 for a Safety Car now but very interestingly saw that Tony Blooms recommendation on ATR today was for 'No' Safety Car at 6/1! Must be purely a value angle rather than a logical one.

My points treble this week is as follows: The two Force India drivers (Ocon 2/7, Perez 4/6) and Bottas (2/9) who is the same price to finish in the points as Carlos Sainz in the Renault!

If you back all 3 to finish in the points you get 13/8 for your money

Bets
Vettel to win outright (now 4.00 at WH)
Over 13.5 Finishers 1.44 Betfred
Points Treble : Ocon, Perez & Bottas 

Fun bet

Max Verstappen to finish in top 6 9/4 bet365
Will be worth cheering him on as he tries to get through the pack in one piece!