Mr Beaumont

Hello everyone,

I received a letter from a Mr Beaumont offering 15% commission win or lose when placing bets on his behalf. He says can’t get his bets on cos he wins too much, so he uses proxies.

It’s obvious that he’s gambling off other people’s money. If the bet wins, then the proxy gives him 85% of the profit but if the bet loses, you’d never hear from him again – lol.

Although he's not asking for money, does it qualify as a scam?

I’d love to know how he got my name & address.  Naturally, it all sounds too good to be true and just wondering if anyone else has received this letter or similar?

Many thanks.

:welcome to PL @Playschool  :ok 

Anyone still sending those letters must still be driving a Morris Minor too! :loon  Has he not moved on to email yet? ;) 

It probably does qualify as a scam if he's doing what you say above, but that's "allegedly" right? ;) 

Unfortunately there are plenty of companies willing to sell your details as mailing lists are big money. Punters Lounge refuses all offers of mailing lists and as stated in the footer, will never share your email address with anyone, despite the many offers we get to do so. :ok 

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.