Pool World 9 Ball Championships Final : Wu Chia Ching v Kuo Po Cheng (10th July)

I don't know if anyone follows pool here, but I thought I'd just stick up a thread for the final tomorrow. This is a Best of 33 affair and it's incidentally also an all-Taiwanese affair with both players set to battle the final in Kaohsiung. Personally, I think 2.00 for Wu Chia Ching is fantastic value as days of Wu trading at such prices are surely numbered (surprisingly, he's been an underdog for every round in the knockout stages though). This 16-year-old wonderkid is very much someone who looks set to dominate the game for years to come and has as complete a game as anyone who plays the sport professionally. Some of the shots he's capable of making(especially his jump shots) are quite simply outrageous and he's got a very sound safety game to boot. Quite simply, it really wouldn't surprise me one bit if he goes on to become the greatest player to have ever picked up a cue(for pool and not snooker I must add). With due respect to Kuo Po Cheng, who has proved himself to be a steady player capable of penalising the slightest mistakes made by his opponents, I don't think he's quite in Wu's league and Wu is clearly overpriced as such. In addition, I think Wu has really done himself proud not just in terms of what he's achieved by making the final of the world championships, but the manner in which he has gone about doing his job must be a great boost to his chances in the final as well - he's as nerveless as they come and surely, it's just a matter of time before he joins the exalted company of the Efren Reyes, Francisco Bustamante and Alex Pagulayan. For those who are interested, you can follow the tournament(which includes a livescoring link) at http://worldpoolchampionship.com/ . Cheers & Good Luck! :ok 20pts Wu Chia Ching to beat Kuo Po Cheng (2.00 @ Betfair)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.