888mkII system(+15 points profit...)

888 System Here is a system I have recently designed. I have hardly tested it yet, but from my early proofing it looks like it has some potential.... The idea is that I pick THREE horses a day and back them in a £1 e/w treble. The minimum price of any selection will be 8-1 so that if all three horses place, the payout is enough to cover around two weeks worth of bets. There will be one treble a week day, two trebles on a Saturday and none on a Sunday meaning an outlay of £14 a week. As the races will be HANDICAP RACES ONLY, the return on three selections placing will return £27 if all three horses are at least 8-1. (Of course there is the danger that a selection could be backed in to a shorter price, but I'll have to live with that). If, on the rare occasion all the horses WIN then my losses will be covered for the year and any profits from earlier placings be profit. This is of course, my aim, to hit three winners from three ONCE in a year! :D As stated before, the races will be Handicap races only and picked from the MAIN MEETING (and another meeting of my choice on a Saturday). I will look for horses quoted at 8-1 in the Racing Post that are tipped by at least one tipster. If not I will move onto the next one in the betting forecast. Should two or more horses be the same quoted price and tipped by the same amount of selectors then the HIGHEST RP RATINGS horse is the selection. If still unseperable, then the horse carrying the MOST WEIGHT is the selection for that race. If there are more than THREE handicap races for the meeting, the three LOWEST field size races are used for that day. If there is NO SELECTION FOR A RACE, at all, i.e not one horse is tipped above 8-1 in the betting forecast, use another handicap race from the same meeting. If there are no handicap races left to pick from, leave the meeting alone. Here are today's selections as an example: Main meeting: YORK The three races are the 2:00 (11 runners), 3:05 (9) and 4:15 (9) The 2:35 is ommited (16) First selection WHISTLER (10-1) tipped by Daily Telegraph. (The three horses at 8-1 in the betting recieved no tips). Second selection SKI JUMP (8-1) recieved two tips (Topspeed and Postdata) Third selection PICCOLOMINI (8-1) tipped by the Guardian. (The other 8-1 in the betting received NO tips) That's it. Good luck if you choose to follow the system!

Re: 888 system WFTE, I guess I would mate if they both won!!! Ralphie, thanks mate, gonna need it!! COME ON SKI-JUMP THEN!!!:clap Even at this primative stage I think the system has the strength to last the test of time. Look through some handicap results and count the number of 8-1 to 12-1 shots that place or even win. Sticking with favourites in handicaps wouldn't pay and anything higher than 14-1 would most probably be unfancied by the tipsters and I find it very unlikely that I'd get three horses placed in one day at much bigger prices. I think 8-1 is about right and it covers the total outlay for one year should they all win. Anyway, here goes....

Re: 888 system Looking good Danny. Fair play to you mate for coming up with these ideas and systems. I am still learning myself, your thoughts and all the other regulars on here provide valuable insight. I hope to do a soccer system at the begining of the new EPL so your horse racing systems will have to get me through until then! (i had 10 euro e/way on ski jump at 7/1) cheers ray

Re: 888 system Unlucky lads. Piccolomini drifted out to 14's just before the race so it didn't look good but he ran a decent race and was still in with a shout with about 2f to go. I had an e/w on strong hand so i got a little back.

Re: 888 system Thanks Andy, but unfortunately Piccolomini didn't get anywhere near! Just out of interest if someone had tipped Torrid Kentavr (2nd) we'd have been on that as it had the much better RPR! Welcome to the lounge Ray, and thanks for your kind words. However, all of my systems end up in defeat at some point and I run out of faith with them! I'm always looking for new systems and ideas that work for me, preferably without having to delve too much into the form book, and I think this one has a chance and it takes 5 mins to get the selections. You can even back these horses in singles or doubles or e/w patents if you want but for now.... Starting Bank £100.00 Bets 1 2nd 12-1 / 1st 11-2 / unp Current Bank £98.00

Re: 888 system Unlucky with Piccolomini Danny Here's a couple of years stats using your method if you backed them as singles.

YEARS SELECTION BOX TIPS ODDS RUNS WINS SR % LSP
2 2 > 12 8/1>10/1 2534 219 8.64 -487
Doesnt look good for the singles but these are win only. But you never know crossfingers.gif OOOPPPSSS sorry the above were for all qualifying races embarassed.gif Here are the stats for just handicap races (still dont look good frown2.gif )
YEARS SELECTION BOX TIPS ODDS RUNS WINS SR % LSP
2 2 > 12 8/1>10/1 1874 163 8.7 -349

Re: 888 system Tipstar. Thanks for that! You've convinced me singles is not the way forwards! From your SELECTIONS 2>12 column, this might not be accurate because sometimes it only needs 1 tip, like today to be a qualifier... I still believe it possbile to hit 3 winners in a day within 1 year. Time will tell I suppose. Matthew, it's early days yet. I can't believe there's been so much discussion within 1 day of the system. Personally I would'nt want to spend 7 units a day on a patent, but who knows, it might be the way forwards. We'll compare stats later in the year shall we? Thanks for all the help guys. See ya tomorrow.

Re: 888 system An example of what I mentioned earlier Danny. PICCOLOMINI went off around 14/1, by my calculations this means the place treble would have paid around 41pts. Piccolomini was available to lay for the place @ 3.75. Laying for 11pts would have given a guareenteed profit of around 11pts(41-(11*2.75). Of course this all depends on how much profit you wish to take each time and how confident you are on the selections. Well done anyway. Bet you wouldve been sweating if Whistler had won too.

Re: 888 system Saturday 8/7/05 YORK 2:40 ARTIE 3:55 CROW WOOD 4:25 TSAROXY Owing to the large fields at York, it is likely the horses selected today will be actual favourites!! I will choose Lingfield as the extra meeting today as the first two races are live on BBC1. The 3.35 contains a non-runner, North Shore which would have been the selection. No tipsters tipped anything else higher than 8-1 in the race but luckily there is another handicap race to choose a horse in the 4:05. LINGFIELD 1:00 FASTHEART 1:30 COLD TURKEY 4:05 POLAR FORCE 2 x £1 e/w trebles.

Re: 888 system Ok mate, good luck! SP means starting price, the price the horse goes off at. With your SP bet, you won't know the price of the horse until the off. In all the other races, there will be an early market so you have taken a price that currently exists and cannot be changed regardless of whether the price drifts or shortens.

Re: 888 system YORK 2:40 ARTIE 2nd 9-1 3:55 CROW WOOD 2nd 7-1 4:25 TSAROXY unp 7-1 (5th!!!) LINGFIELD 1:00 FASTHEART unp 7-1 1:30 COLD TURKEY unp 11-2 4:05 POLAR FORCE 3rd 8-1 Starting bank £100.00 current bank £94.00 Better luck Monday chaps.

Re: 888 system Here's Monday's selections WINDSOR 7:05 AYLMER ROAD - unpl 9/1 7:35 BLUEBERRY TART - unpl 10/1 9:05 PARKSIDE PURSUIT - 2nd 13/2 £1.00 e/w treble Bank £92.00

Re: 888 system Gonna have to mix it up a bit today as there are very few qualifiers... Beverley 3:45 Trust Rule - unpl 8/1 Beverley 4:45 Miss Amour - unpl 6/1 Brighton 5:00 Imperium - 3rd 15/2 Bank £90.00

Re: 888 system Couldn't get near a machine yesterday I'm afraid. Here are the selections for Newmarket on Friday: Newmarket 5:55 DESERT HAWK unp 16-1 8:00 BAYEUX DE MOI 2nd 12-1 9:00 TIBER TIGER unp 13-2 £1 e/w treble

Re: 888 system Seem to be consistently picking out 1 a day that places. Of course I need 3 to make some money back.... 2 attempts today NEWMARKET 3:05 PEARL KING 2nd 16/1 4:10 DANCING LYRA unp 7/1 5:15 DREAM TONIC unp 10/1 NEWBURY 2:50 SANTA FE unp 12/1 3:25 GAMBLE IN GOLD unp 12/1 5:00 NAMROC unp 7/1 see ya later...

Re: 888 system Sorry for the absence yesterday folks, my internet connection was down due to a BT line fault. Tuesday Ayr 3:15 Rotuma 3rd 5/1 4:45 La Vie Est Belle unp 16/1 5:15 Trevian unp 14/1 The obligatory place but nothing more I'm afraid...

Re: 888 system Folkestone tonight: 6:15 CLOANN (Daily Star) 8-1 2nd 12-1 7:45 HEAT ALERT (Mail and Express) 8-1 unp 17-2 8:45 JAMACIAN (Telegraph) 8-1 unp 8-1 £1 e/w treble as usual.... edit: anyone with any sense would be doing the selections 1pt, 2pt, 3pt TO PLACE ONLY, stop at winner. Using this method the system would be well in profit. Near enough 20pts in profit infact, including one losing meeting (6pts) at Newbury. Just a thought!

Re: 888 system Had to cheat a fraction today and pick out 15/2 as the minimum price otherwise we'd be in trouble! Newbury 2:45 Highland Games 2nd 11/2 3:20 Bonus 8-1 unp 6/1 5:00 Cloonavery 15-2 unp Might try the 1,2,3 to place, stop at a winner today as well..... you never know! HIGHLAND GAMES 6/4 to place so 1.5pts profit on the 888mkII system.