** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bets that have the edge

waggy

Bet 1:   £200 Arsenal to beat Manchester United @1/2   Draw No Bet.     Manchester United have a big injury list. Played on Thursday and have the return fixture to think about. Arsenal need the points so will be up for it. They are not playing that well recently so the draw comes into it as an insurance.

Bet 2:  £200 LONGROOM (14.30 Ayr)  @2/5

Longroom runs without a penalty after an easy win last time out (4 days ago).  Likes the firm going and now has Graham Lee in the saddle. The draw usually favours high numbers but draw 3 in a seven horse field should be no great handicap.

£450 Qemah @8/11 (Lingfield 15.40)

French trained Qemah is easily top on official ratings, and also escapes a penalty.  Frankie Dettori comes to Lingfield to ride which is a tip in itself. I have gone for a big bet on this one as it ticks all the boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

Qemah lost, LOST £450

Bank now £1230

£500 Ajax to lift the cup @2/1   

I feel that Man United have tailed off at the end of this season.  Injuries have taken their toll in key areas and Ajax may have too much energy for them. Ajax in extra time or penalties.

Man u won2-0, LOST £500

Bank now £730

Just come across a horse at Tipperary that has a favourable draw at this course and is also favoured by the weight. This is a get out of jail prospect and I will be going in hard. 

£400 PILLAR @100/30 (18.10 Tipperary)