2000 Guineas - Saturday

Churchill   99,15

Rivet    99.13

Eminent  99,12

Al wakair  99.11

Wide open race and Churchill undoubtably will be the one to beat but if the ground comes up good then undoubtably the value bet would be rivet at 33/1 ....didn't run to his best in comeback run but ran about 85% so that will have him spot on now for this and fitness is a big advantage ....wants goid ground ideally so a bit of rain before Saturday would be ideal but at 33/1 he's way overpriced anyway so easy choice for me 

Rivet 10pts ew lads 33/1

I have backed the Fabre horse Al Wukair right after his impressive comeback run in the Prix Djebel @ 8/1 - though each-way in this case I have the feeling Churchill could easily be this bit too classy and won't do an Air Force Blue. Nonetheless this lad has a nice physique, looks scopey with talent in abundance and a nice pedigree, Dream Ahead's aren't too shabby usually and perform at the Rowley Mile.

In summary there is plenty to like about Al Wukair. He was a promising juvenile but has clearly trained on and filled his big frame as seen recently. He’s classy and comes into the 2000 Guineas race fit and it can’t be a disadvantage to be trained by the master that Andre Fabre is, right? Given he is much shorter now, I feel good with my 8's. 

Good luck Richard, nice analysis and maybe I throw some change on Rivet at a price after reading this! :ok 

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.