Super Saturday - Cheltenham & Doncaster + Scoop6

This weekends Jump racing promises to be one of the most exciting and informative for a very long time.

We have 9 races at Cheltenham in which the lowest grade is a Class 2 handicap and a further 4 races at Doncaster with similar credentials. In total we have no less than 9 graded races which includes the rearranged Clarence House Chase from Ascot.

We could have 13 races where apart from a couple of juveniles/novices the lowest rated runner will be around the 130 mark.

Obviously the ante-post markets will be massively affected and those holding decent slips on Thistlecrack, Uknowhatimeanharry, Vroom Vroom Mag, Un De Sceaux and Defi Du Seuil among others will be watching with intrepidation i'm sure.

The action continues in Ireland on Sunday where Faugheen rocks up for the first time in ages, i'm not sure what the Mullins yard are playing at this season but we are not being told the whole truth for some reason. I'll watch with interest but i'm not getting involved on anything that side of the Irish Sea until March.

Any thoughts or ante-post tips before they bolt up over the weekend?

Cheltenham

5889c18033a0a_ScreenShot2017-01-26at09.2

Doncaster

5889c19e5fbc0_ScreenShot2017-01-26at09.2

Sunday - Leopardstown

5889c1af1ab8a_ScreenShot2017-01-26at09.2

Tote Scoop 6

588b55da87058_ScreenShot2017-01-27at14.1

588b55ede10d9_ScreenShot2017-01-27at14.1

Selections

Leg 1: Burtons Well 15/2 Bet365

First visit to Cheltenham and a very competitive handicap to look at. 14 runners and half of them won last time out so plenty of horses on the upgrade. Of those previous winners I like Burtons Well and Mercian Prince and my narrow vote goes to the former who looks to have bags of scope now switched to fences.

Leg 2: Thomas Crapper 13/2 Paddy Power

Grade 3 action next and a race where many of these are on comeback missions or have been disappointing. Saphir Du Rheu is a typical example, he could bolt up if back to his best but i'm not so sure he's any value. Robin Dickin is in form so a chance is taken with Thomas Crapper who must surely deliver a decent prize one day.

Leg 3: Constantine Bay 

We go up north for the third leg and a quality 3m novice hurdle in store. All ten runners have won a race this season and some top yards represented. Nicky Henderson always does well here at Donny and i'm happy to side with Constantine Bay who has won at Haydock and Chepstow. The Nicholls horse Give Me A Copper is respected and could be the main danger.

Leg 4: Wholetsone 4/1 Skybet

A break of two hours and back to Cheltenham for the Neptune trial. I like this Wholestone from the Twiston-Davies camp, he has done everything asked of him and sets the standard on form. William Henry and Topofthegame are unexposed sorts from big yards and look the dangers.

Leg 5: Potters Cross 16/1 BetVictor

The big handicap of the day from Doncaster. Won in the past by some decent horses and best to concentrate on improving sorts. My idea of the winner is Potters Cross from the Rebecca Curtis yard, he won at Newbury last time and can looks tailor made for this. Out Sam and Coologue will be well fancied and are the best alternatives.

Leg 6: Unowhatimeanharry 6/5 Betfred

Final leg is the Cleeve Hurdle, quite surprising seeing as we have a hot favourite in Unowhatimeanharry. Anyway we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and i have no hesitation in putting the improving Harry Fry runner up for this. Kotkikova will be interesting a bigger odds, he has been rerouted from Friday's card at Huntingdon.

Perm

16 bets

Leg1: Burtons Well, Mercian Prince
Leg 2: Thomas Crapper, Fox Appeal
Leg 3: Constantine Bay, Give Me A Copper
Leg 4: Wholestone
Leg 5: Potters Cross, Coologue
Leg 6: Unowhatimeanharry

:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.