** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Players Championship

Mullahoran

The last TV tournament before the World's live on itv4.

I am concentrating on the big match of the last 32 between Van Barneveld v Lewis. Barney played well in last weeks Grand slam taking an inspired final few legs from Gary Anderson to knock him out in the quarters in a close match. He took that form into last night's match v Mensur Sulijovic in a top quality match with Barney averaging over 107 to Sulijovics 103. Over the last week of Darts Barney has averaged 110, 107 ,105, 100, 98 + 98 playing his best darts since last years Worlds.

Lewis on the other hand Lost all 3 of his Grand Slam group matches and managed to beat Robert Thornton in a low quality match last night with a 86 average. Averages aren't everything as James Wade keeps proving but without doubt Lewis is a bit downbeat at the moment whilst Barney is talking himself up and is in a positive mindset which is so important for him to be when playing well. Would be happier if this match was a best of 19 but still is best of 11 but still Barney deserves to be favourite at the moment and believe will come out on top . He has a 31-21 h2h record v Lewis.

2.5pts on Van Barneveld v Lewis at 10/11 various.

Edited by Mullahoran

Barney wins 6-4.

First semi-final is MVG v Darren Webster , a surprise semi finalist. It is unlikely Webster will trouble ,the bookies think he will win 3 or 4 legs at best and I ain't going to disagree with them though MVG can let his standard slip from his high standards sometimes when he isn't pushed .

I am going to back a low checkout in what I can see being a low intensity s/f where MVG will do enough .

2.5pts on under 134.5 c/o in MVG v D.Webster at 5/6 skybet

I am also backing Peter Wright now at 16/1 each way for the World Championship which I will elaborate on another time.

Will elaborate quickly the last month or so Peter Wright has been the 2 best player in the world. If he does anything tonight the 16/1 will go.

It is hard to see anyone stopping MVG but that's why he is odds on, but I am looking at the each way part of Wright 8/1 to get to the final and would be looking to lay the win part but then you never know MVG could get taken out before the final.

He is definitely in the easy half of the draw with Gary Anderson and James Wade the 2 big players but is in far the easier half compared to the top half which has MVG , Taylor, Lewis and Barney to name but a few.

1.25 each way Peter Wright at 16/1 World Champs.