Pokerwolf1's Diary - 10k Poker Profit Mega Thread

PokerWolf1

For this challenge all I want to do is concentrate on making money. I know I can but discipline has always been a major problem of mine. So this thread will become the discipline diary of my journey from coming out of the poker wilderness to (hopefully) hitting my target of 10k in earnings from Sky Poker. There is no time limit on this challenge and I expect it may take a long time! I have read quite a bit of material in the last month or so to bring me up to date with the latest in poker and feel ready to hit a grind again. My current stats are below. 

http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/SkyPoker/players/Poker_Wolf?filter=Class:SCHEDULED

The profit currently sits at £604. I want this to say 10k.

Will also be looking to get a shark icon next to my name by raising my ability from 72. 

Will update here after every day that I play and will continue to upskill myself on todays game .Hoping to also post some interesting hands which some forum members may be able to advise optimal play on. 

Thanks for looking and to those that take an interest :)

Day 1 - £604 profit

Brimming with confidence to start the challenge. Can't help but think that by the end of the day what might have been. Still, results as follows. Decent start.

£18.70 worth of tournaments with no cashes.

3.30 - 8th - 9.60

5.50 - 12th - £4.21

5.50 - 8th - 16.50

5.75 - 3rd - £35.67 

5.75 - bounties - £4.69

5.75 - bounties - £1.88 

5.75 - bounties - £2.93

7.20 - Satellite - Seat to £33

33 - Bounties - £59.06

The 33 was a bit gutting. With 26 paid we had 33 left and having been card dead for an hour and a half I was happy to see QQ in UTG+1. I had 16k with blinds at 1k. UTG (50k) raises to 2000. I reraise to 4500. My thinking was that I may be able to get away with seeing just 3 cards instead of all 5 (It should be noted I would have been willing to push any flop and play it out as though I had been allin in pre if UTG had checked the flop to me) Next position flats (!!!) and original raiser folds. Flop is 7 high and I push. Guy calls with AA. Pretty depressing. Nearly £60 in heads softened the blow. I know if I keep putting myself in those situations I will win this challenge.

Profit for the day!

HAND OF THE DAY - £33 8k GTD. Blinds 75/150. Villain is UTG with 16k. I am on the button with 22k and 9 10.

Advice welcome please (sorry writing it as I remember it, not sure how to paste hand history from Sky software). UTG doubles the blind and I decide to call the button with 9 10. Heads up. Flop is 7 8 9 rainbow. Villain checks and I bet out 450 into 825. Villain calls. Turn is a 9. I bet out 1k and villain calls. River is J. Villain instabets 4500?? I fold.... I have no info on this player but gut was just telling me I was walking into 77/88 here. At worst I think we split but I don't want to risk 4.5k to find that out.... Possible doubled blind with Q10. Thoughts?

Edited by PokerWolf1

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.