Thursday Racing (Ascot Day 3)

4.20 Ascot: Gold Cup

Verdict:

A terrific renewal and I can’t wait to see how the hot favourite Order Of St George will handle this test. So far he has looked very impressive and if he stays this extra distance he will obviously be very hard to beat. Of the others you could put a blanket over the likes of Max Dynamite, Clever Cookie, Flying Officer and Mizzou and we shouldn’t forget Pallasator either who won the other day at Sandown.

My each way bet has to be Mizzou, I think he will stay better than most of his rivals and can improve on his gallant effort twelve months ago now that the ground is a bit softer.

Selection: Click Here To Bet Mizzou EW @ 12/1 Betfred

Full Preview

3.40 Ascot: Ribblesdale Stakes

Verdict:

A very substandard renewal if you take the favourite out. Only three horses rated 100 or above and Architecture miles clear on the bare figures. The only question mark about her is if this run is too quick since finishing a creditable second to Minding at Epsom. That was only 13 days ago and she had a hard race there and now faces another test on soft ground. The thing is who will actually be good enough to beat her? I’m not a great fan of Even Song at the prices on offer and Sovereign Parade is the more likely danger in my eyes as John Gosden does very well with this late maturing type. Overall I’m prepared to gamble on Hugo Palmer’s filly this time as she appears to have so much in hand.

Selection: Click Here To Bet Architecture @ 7/2 Skybet

Full Preview

As usual having my arse kicked at ascot ..,.happens every year ...such a hard meet to find winners ....

Gold cup  

Order of st George   99.56

Curbyourethusiasm   99.42

Fun Mac   99.42 

One of the biggest rating differences I've ever seen ....effectively this fav is a stone in hand so even money could be a gift ..,,,only negative I can see is he's never gone beyond 2 mile so an extra 6f is a question ....looks as though he will hose up by miles but with fun Mac 40/1 and curb 50/1 ...I'll chance an ew on them and hope somethin goes wrong ....

Curbyourenthusiasm 5 pts ew 50/1 p.p

Fun Mac  5 Pts ew 40/1 bet365

Britannia stakes 

Fighting temeraire 98.99

Zodiakos  98.96

Couple of value bets here in a wide open race ....fighting temeraire has been running well in defeat so 12/1 looks fair value and zoduakos could be anythin and shiwed a lot if promise on recent run so 40/1 looks ovetpriced 

Fighting temeraire 5 pts ew 12/1 wh

Zodiakos 5 pts ew 40/1 bet365