Sunday 1st may racing (1000 guineas)

Working away this weekend so just posting ratings for sunday 

150 newm 

Slunovrat   98.86

Forgotten hero  98.81 

Slunivrat steps up from class 5 to class 2 so looks against it but won last race on the bit like a horse on the upgrade and gets in here off 8 stone ...hcapper has given him every chance so roll the dice 

Jazzy top   99.56

Crystal zvezda 99.47

On paper this is jazzy tops for the taking ..,he's a proven group 1 horse as opposed to crystal being listed class so barring bad performance the fav should fly home 

3,00 newm 

New bidder    99.10

Golden steps  99.08

Terrarium star  99.03 

Golden steps is the form horse overall but he and terentium star are weighted accordingly whereas new bidder has been given a chance here by the hcapper and hes also got fitness edge having had a run which could be decisive if its close ...New bidder e.w for me

1000 guineas 

Ballydoyle      99.67

Minding     99.63

Turret rocks   99.63 

All eyes on the o brien horses here ....speed ratings suggest that ballydoyle is considerably faster than minding on recent runs so will be very interesting to see what happens in the race ..ive already backed turret Rock ew as if ballydoyle does win I don't think turret Rock will be far from him 

Dahlia Stakes

Verdict:

I’m tempted to follow the trends and back the Stoute filly Crystal Zvezda at the prices but her tendency to pull really puts me off in this relatively small field for such a wide track like Newmarket. Amazing Maria sets the standard but she did improve for her first run last year so I’m siding with the favourite Jazzi Top on this occasion. She looks pretty solid and will like the ground and has the scope to win at a higher level this season.

Selection:  Jazzi Top @ 5/4 William Hill

Full Preview

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.