** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

1000 Guineas & 2000 Guineas

3.40 Newmarket Sunday: 1000 Guineas

Verdict:

We probably say this every year but the Aidan O’Brien yard seem to hold all the aces here with Minding and Ballydoyle. His Minding has been ultra impressive in her last two starts and everything coming out of the yard has been positive. Jockey Ryan Moore is our only hint of which of the two Fillies’ may be the best and he has been very sweet on the favourite.

Mark Johnston is confident Lumiere can compete with the Irish runners despite her not having raced beyond six furlongs and it will be fascinating to see how she gets on. Those at bigger prices are Nathra and Turret Rocks but this looks between the market leaders to me.

Selection:  Minding @ 6/4 Skybet

Full Preview

3.45 Newmarket Saturday

Verdict:

Air Force Blue is hard to oppose here and looks pretty solid apart a very slight doubt about his stamina. He won the Dewhurst here in good style and shouldn’t have anything to fear from Massaat on that run. He’s a very skinny price now and I’m not in the habit of backing odds-on shots that haven’t ran for 203 days so will look for some value elsewhere.

Stormy Antarctic has to be considered on his win here over C/D 16 days ago. He brushed aside a very good horse that day and won very easily indeed. Even if the rest of the opposition were moderate it was still a very likeable performance and also proves gets this trip and is fully fit. To me he looks the more solid option from a betting point of view and will give the favourite a run for his money.

Selection:  Stormy Antarctic EW @ 6/1 Bet365

Full Preview