** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Scottish Cup 17th April

Rangers/Celtic: <70 bookings points at 13/10 with PP and 4-6 cards shown at 8/5 with Hills

There's often money to be made by selling hype and the prospect of a "proper dust up" when these two meet (especially in these circumstances) is obvious and real enough. I've long felt that the 4-6 cards price can be value in big derby type games where a high cards total is expected and I wasn't expecting such a big price today. The <70 price is decent given that <65 is only 6/5 elsewhere.

I've backed both bets to return the same amount and would obviously hope that both land. Just one of the bets could land, i.e. the <70 if there's a surprisingly low total (3 or less cards) or the 4-6 if the total was 75 points (5 yellows and a red).

The only meeting between the teams since Rangers' fall from grace was in the League Cup last year and saw today's ref (Craig Thomson) show 5 yellow cards. He's shown 4-6 cards in 20 out of 37 games this season. Only 8 of those games have seen him hit 70 or more bookings points and 2 of those were 75 points that would have still landed the 4-6 cards bet. 

8 of the 11 meetings in the last 2 seasons Rangers were in the top flight saw 4-6 cards shown and 8 saw less than 70 points. All 4 reffed by Thomson would have seen both bets win.

If it kicks off we could see the card carnage that the casual observer might expect but I think the prices offer value about this being a more even tempered affair.