** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Players Championship 2016

Fader

2pts E/W M.Allen to win the Players Championship 10/1 Paddypower
1pt E/W B.Woollaston to win the Players Championship 66/1 Skybet

Very small format so anything can happen really but I'm taking the form man Mark Allen who got to the Semi-Final of the Welsh Open recently. He lost there to Robertson but he has no worries of Robbo here as he isn't part of the tournament, nor is eventual winner of that event, Ronnie or Selby so a real chance for a big price to spring a suprise. I also am going for a small punt on Woollaston. Hawkins also looks a good shout but I'll stick with the two.

2pts Skyboost special accy - DING(gilbert)  / FU(mcmanus) & MURPHY(wenbo) 7/4 Skybet
I like the look of this. Ding is in abit of form and will want to keep that going before going into the China Open. Fu and Murphy you would expect to be able to get through there ties also. 

good to see the treble come in. I'm going to take the evening treble on offer too. Again, with Skybet.

2pts Skyboost special accy - CARTER(dott) / WHITE(brecel) / TRUMP(gould) 4/1 Skybet
Obviously less likely to hit than the earlier one but White I fancy against Brecel. He has been in some decent form for a while now White and done well at the Welsh Open getting to the Quarter-Finals. Trump you'd always fancy against an up and down Gould and Carter Vs Dott you'd say Carter was favourite there. 

4pts A.Higginson to beat M.Selt 6/5 Bet365
1pt A.Higginson -2.5 to beat M.Selt 5/1 Bet365

Higginson has a 3-0 head-2-head with Selt, who comes into this for Mark Selby. All three of the head-2-heads were easy wins for Higginson too (4-1. 4-0, 4-1) with the last one being only last year. I think this price offers abit of value. I'm going to try to take on the handicap which has been covered in all three ties. 

Rubbish from Higginson. I'm taking 4pts R.Day to beat K.Wilson Evens Skybet. Day is in good form losing out to Wilson in the Quarter-final recently in the German Masters. But, Day holds a 3-1 head-2-head and he was 3-1 up against Wilson when he lost that QF 4-3, so I'm siding with Day. 

I'm also taking the accy tonight which is 1.5pts MILKINS / WILLIAMS / WALDEN 100/30 Skybet

On the whole, happy enough! Main thing is both outright bets are through to the last 16. Day beats Wilson to cancel out the Higginson bet and the treble bet let down by boring old Williams who somehow lost to boring old Dale 4-3 from being on the table to win 4-2. Williams was determined to lose and missed about 16 easy pots to lose in style. I honestly believe he couldn't give a toss.

Here is the last 16 :

Selt v Woollaston
Dale v Murphy
Allen v King
Day v Dunn
Fu v Walden
Trump v Carter
Ding v White
Milkins v Hawkins

Edited by Fader

3pts D.Junhui -1.5 to beat M.White 5/6 Skybet
I thought White was quite lucky in his first round match. 2-0 down against Brecel you wouldn't say he turned on the style, he just made less errors and the way Ding is playing he wont get many errors from him. I think Ding has a great chance of winning this week and if he doesn't then the China Open will be a great event for him I'd imagine. Either way I fancy Ding to win this one 4-0 or 4-1. Head to head shows one match won 4-2 by Ding and the same again would do me fine.

4-fold Accy for the afternoon session (DING(white) / ALLEN(king) / TRUMP(carter) & DAY(dunn) 3/1 Skybet
I'll also take an accumulator for the first set of games. I really fancy Ding and Day to win there matches, Trump you'd always make the favourite against Carter, especially with his head--2-head record (won last 2 matches this year 3-1 and 5-0) and Allen should have too much quality for King.

Ding wins easily enough 4-0. Great chance for Ding now as Trump is our first real casualty of the big names. Although I'm tempted with Woollastons price tonight I'll leave that alone as I have him on the outright and instead I'll take a handicap on Murphy that looks a great chance of hitting 

5pts S.Murphy -1.5 frames to beat D.Dale 13/20 Sportingbet Bet365
2pts S.Murphy -2.5 frames to beat D.Dale 6/4 WillHill

Just looks a near on cert for me. I'll be taking the -2.5 also at 6/4 with William Hill as I think this match could go along the same lines as the Ding match earlier on and it end 4-0/4-1. 

Good day with the snooker which helps as I've had a rubbish day with the tennis and darts. Quarter-final draw is here then and I have all 3 of my fancies in the last 8. Would be nice to get them all through to the Semi-Final but I'm realistic to know that looking at form, only Allen has a chance of getting through. Fingers crossed for a Woollaston Vs Allen & Carter Vs Hawkins Semi-final :D

Last 8
Woollaston v Murphy
Allen v Dunn
Walden v Carter
Ding v Hawkins

4pts D.Junhui -1.5 frames to beat B.Hawkins Evens
I think the way Ding is playing he looks sure to make the final. I don't see Hawkins making more than 2 frames. Ding has a good recent record against Hawkins beating him in the there last 3 encounters. Hawkins has pretty much stumbled his way through here and although Id love to see him go through here, realistically, I don't see him getting close to Ding. 

Ricky Walden and Ali Carter is for me close to a coin toss so I'm leaving that alone but both players are in hot form right now. Id edge toward Ali Carter but I'll let that one ride and look forward to the evening sessions.