** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Royal Ascot At York - Day 1

3.05 King's Stand Stakes The racing post is absolutely spot on when it says that this race will be run at a blistering pace - Striking Ambition, Celtic Mill and Mornin Reserves are all real front runners. Even at York you have to favour something coming off the pace when there is so much pace in the race. As for the draw, we want something drawn in the middle to high, and with the pace horses drawn there they will also be in perfect position to come from off the pace. Moss Vale prefers a bigger test of stamina than the minimum trip. Tournedos has shown nothing so far this year over 6f, but back to favoured trip and ground. The forecast 100/1 looks a bit big and is a possible each way bet. Chineur is on a winning run, but steps up in class here, and may find one or two too good. Var won a Group 1 at Longchamp, but may be too short a price, as he could easily get caught up in the pace battle. Night Prospector doesn't look good enough. Boogie Street's best efforts have come with a recent run behind him, and returning to 5f on fast ground should help. Texas Gold and Distinctly Game are two more who lack the class. THE TATLING is a proven performer who won this race last year. Likes York, is weighted to reverse placings with Var, and has the perfect style to take the race. Selections The Tatling (4/1) Tournedos e/w (100/1)

Re: Royal Ascot At York - Day 1 3.45 St James's Palace Stakes Rocamadour and Ad Valorem should ensure that the race is run perfectly for Dubawi and KANDIDATE. Kandidate's price of 14/1 is a joke compared to the 9/4 for Dubawi, so I'll take him for this one. If Shamardal runs (unlikely) it may be worth looking at Indesatchel who will love the extra pace. Selection Kandidate (14/1) Indesatchel IF Shamardal runs (3/1)

Re: Royal Ascot At York - Day 1 Agreed there dave, can't possibly see any reason why Rakti is anything more than 1/2 myself. Although he's obviously a bit of a wierdo at times, which is probably factored into the price. If he doesn't get up to any of his antics, should win by 5L+ :\

Re: Royal Ascot At York - Day 1 Dave, this years 2000 Guiness was a stinker, the form of the race looks dreadful imo, two 100-1 shots were placed, both won't even get close to winning a Group 1 again which includes the 3rd in that race Kandidate, he'll simply get outclassed in this race and Dubawi and Oratorio should reverse form and beat him doing handstands, which is why I call the 2000 Guiness a stinker, most of the fancied horses underperformed and Kandidate was hugely flattered by finishing so close.

Re: Royal Ascot At York - Day 1

Dave' date=' this years 2000 Guiness was a stinker, the form of the race looks dreadful imo, two 100-1 shots were placed, both won't even get close to winning a Group 1 again which includes the 3rd in that race Kandidate, he'll simply get outclassed in this race and Dubawi and Oratorio should reverse form and beat him doing handstands, which is why I call the 2000 Guiness a stinker, most of the fancied horses underperformed and Kandidate was hugely flattered by finishing so close.[/quote'] I had a rethink on this race before I came to work, and have come to the conclusion that I'm not betting in it - nothing makes me confident at all. I'm going to York, and my only bets will probably be To Sender, Swift Sailor and Tournedos each way. The Tatling and Ratki also dependent on price.