** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cheltenham Fancies 2016

It's that time of the year again [:excited:] shall keep my selections in this thread, GL with yours! [:cool:]

Chelt 1.30: Altior (1pts win, 4/1 Bet365)
Looked very smart in 4 hurdles start and lto absolutely trounced a decent enough field winning by 13 lengths at Kempton. Is also a C&D winner which is another big plus. 

Chelt 2.50: Out Sam (1pts win, 7/1 Bet365) & Southfield Theatre (1pts win, 18/1 Bet365) 
Out Sam comes here off the back of two wins albeit in 3 runner fields but looks well handicapped. Might have a bit to prove in this size field but one open to improvement. 
Southfield Theatre has been disappointing of late but beaten in races won by Coneygree and Don Poli the mark though looks more then fair and I think that gives him a chance and wouldn't be a massive surprise to see him bounce back to form today.

Chelt 3.30: Annie Power (1pts win, 9/4 Bet365)
There are question marks over her in this field and rightly so but she gets in here with her 7lbs allowance and that makes her of great interest imo and on the whole this isn't a strong renewal imo. 

Chelt 4.10: Vroum Vroum Mag (2pts win, Evens Bet365) & Gitane Du Berlais (0.5 pts e/w, 33/1 BetVictor)
I think this may be Willie Mullins strongest chance of the day and Vroum Vroum Mag should be hard to beat 8 from 8 and won with ease lto. If for what ever reason the fav doesn't win then I have backed Gitane Du Berlais each way, has won or placed 8 times out of 13 hurdle starts and can get involved at decent odds.

Chelt 4.50: Pont Alexandre (1pts win, 10/1 BetVictor) & Pleasant Comapny (0.5pts e/w, 33/1 BetVictor)
Another race another Mullins fancy....Pont Alexandre's 3 runs this season have shown enough for me to be interested here and I think he can get involved dropped to Listed class. Pleasant Company at big odds can sneak a place I'm hoping but needs to improve for the trip. 

Chelt 5.30: Thomas Brown (1pts win, 16/1 BetVictor)
Didn't ever really settle lto when unseating at Kempton but had looked handy before that winning twice and finishing runner up the other start. Can't afford to make the same sloppy jumping errors today but with a clear round he can get involved. 

Altior: 1ST OF 14 (+4)
Out Sam: 7th of 23 (-1)
Southfield Theatre: BD (-1)
Annie Power: 1ST OF 12 (+2.25)
Vroum Vroum Mag: 1ST OF 19 (+2.00)
Gitane Du Berlais: 5th of 19 (-1)
Pont Alexandre: PU (-1)
Pleasant Company: PU (-1)
Thomas Brown: 7th of 20 (-1)
DAY ONE TOTAL = +2.25PTS

DAY TWO 
Chelt 1.30: Yanworth (1pts win, 11/8 Bet365)
Can't fault what he's done so far and that last win here at Cheltenham by 7 lengths was very impressive a similar run here and he has to be the one to beat.

Chelt 2.10: Shaneshill (1pts win, 18/1 Bet365)
Has a few question marks but his two runs at Cheltenham have been good finishing runner up both times. Needs improvement but at big odds could go well. 

Chelt 2.50: Diamond King (1pts win, 8/1 Bet365)
Good efforts of late but this race will be his toughest assignment to date. But he's a young improver who could well be up to it. 

Chelt 4.50: Paddy's Runner (0.5pts e/w, 33/1 Bet365, 5places)
Picked up wins at Plumpton and Bangor before running well at Kempton in November finishing second. Can be an e/w shot at big odds.

Chelt 5.30: Avenir D'Une Vie (1pts win, 10/1 Bet365) & High Bridge (1pts win, 12/1 Bet365)
Avenir D'une Vie has had 4 runs so far and looked good enough to be involved here his last run was a 14 length romp at Naas. High Bridge has been making nice improvement and won his last two with minimum fuss and looks well worth a crack at this. 

Yanworth: 2nd of 11 (-1)
Shaneshill: 2nd of 8 (-1)
Diamond King: 1ST OF 26 (+12)
Paddy's Runner: PU (-1)
Avenue D'Une Vie: 12th of 23 (-1)
High Bridge: 6th of 23 (-1)
TOTAL = +7PTS

OVERALL AFTER DAY 2 = +9.75PTS

Chelt 1.30: Black Hercules (1pts win, 6/1 Paddy Power)
Won first two chase starts before falling lto at Navan at the last when he looked to have the race won. Looks a live chance in this one. 

Chelt 3.30: Saphir Du Rhea (1pts win, 11/1 BetVictor)
Was second in this last year but comes here off the back of two poor runs in November/December so needs to up his game. Also a course winner and runs well this time of year can get involved. 

Chelt 4.10: Kings Palace (1pts win, 12/1 BetVictor)
Another one coming off the back of a few poor runs but on his day can be involved. Also loves it around here winning 4 times from 7 visits.

Chelt 4.50: Robins Reef (0.5pts e/w, 25/1 BetVictor)
Limini may be hard to beat but is a bit too short for me so think there is some good value in Robins Reef who was on a hat trick when finishing 2nd lto at Doncaster and a winner 3 of her last 5 starts can sneak into a place. 

Black Hercules: 1ST OF 9 (+6)
Saphir Du Rhea: 6th of 12 (-1)
Kings Palace: 3rd of 22 (-1)
Robins Reef: 4th of 16 (-1)
TOTAL = +3PTS

OVERALL AFTER DAY 3 = +12.75PTS

18/03/16
Chelt 1.30: Gibralfaro (0.5 e/w, 28/1 Bet365)
Set back at Kempton latest when well beaten behind Zubayr but had won his first two UK starts in good style. I can forgive one poor run and think he's overpriced may not be good enough to win but an e/w shout.

Chelt 2.50: Long Dog (1pts win, 8/1 Bet365)
7 wins from 8 starts (one 2nd) is impressive. Been winning on heavy ground but I think a return to good ground is a big plus, question mark over the trip but if he gets it will be bang there.

Chelt 3.30: Don Poli (1pts win, 5/1 Bet365)
I feel Don Poli is a bit of a forgotten horse in this Gold Cup and he does need to find a bit but is a solid chance here. 2 from 2 at the Festival and I think he will improve for the trip and be staying on come the end when others have cried enough. 

Chelt 4.10: Paint The Clouds (1pts win, 6/1 Bet365)
The ground has come good for him here and was 3rd in this in 2015. In theses contests Sam Waley Cohen is an excellent pilot to have on board and the combo have a great record (5 wins from 8) and have a big chance of adding to that here.