Canadian Grand Prix

Button gets pole after BAR missed the last 2 races, tremendous result.

1J Button (GB)BAR1min 15.217sec
2M Schumacher (Ger)Ferrari1:15.475
3F Alonso (Spa)Renault1:15.561
4G Fisichella (Ita)Renault1:15.577
5JP Montoya (Col)McLaren1:15.699
6T Sato (Jap)Toyota1:15.729
7K Raikkonen (Fin)McLaren1:15.923
8J Villeneuve (Can)Sauber1:16.116
9J Trulli (Ita)Toyota1:16.201
10R Schumacher (Ger)Toyota1:16.362
11F Massa (Bra)Sauber1:16.661
12D Coulthard (GB)Red Bull1:16.890
13N Heidfeld (Ger)Williams1:17.081
14M Webber (Aus)Williams1:17.749
15C Albers (Hol)Minardi1:18.214
16C Klien (Aut)Red Bull1:18.249
17N Karthikeyan (Ind)Jordan1:18.664
18T Monteiro (Por)Jordan1:19.034
19P Friesacher (Ger)Minardi1:19.574
20R Barrichello (Bra)Ferrarino time

Re: Canadian Grand Prix 10pts M Schumacher to win Canadian GP (3.80 @ Betfair) It's common knowledge Schumacher hasn't gotten off to the best of starts this season and he is probably out of the running for the drivers' title, but I don't suppose that's going to mean he would finish the season without a race victory. Having chalked up 7 career GP wins on Canadian soil and starting 2nd for today, he's certainly as formiddable a proposition as any to win this race and I can certainly see him finish on the podium at the very least. Truth be told, I think the prices reflect his performances so far this season more than his actual chances in today's race. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok

Re: Canadian Grand Prix Who do people think is the best bet to take points today? I have found this option far more profitable than picking a podium or race winnner. I usually pick a double at around evens. Most weekends i study the GP and watch qualifying closely but this weekend unfortunalty my grand mother was taken ill so have had no time to watch the practice and qualifying. any ideas on who should get in top 8? I was thinking Kimmi and Alonso. Kimmi must be carrying quite a lot of fuel so won't need to stop for quite a while whereas people like Button have very little fuel, plus Kimmi loves this track and has done very well coming in the top 8 the last 5 years at least. Alonso is for obvious reasons and Reneult seem to love it around here which makes me think Fisi could be a could bet at 8/15, as he also likes this track. Any opinions?

Re: Canadian Grand Prix

Not having a bet and don't reallt enjoy F1 but I do wish Jenson Button all the best in his quest for his first F1 victory. It will tough for him to last out but you never know' date=' like the stats on Ralf.[/quote'] When will we see Button being given the same level of support winning the drivers' title as Henman gets for Wimbledon? :lol Aren't they both in the same league in their respective sports...

Re: Canadian Grand Prix Match-bets from Stan James: * Michael Schumacher (evens) vs. Fernando Alonso 8/11 * Ralf Schumacher 5/4 vs. Jarno Trulli 4/7 * Mark Webber (evens) vs. Nick Heidfeld 8/11 * Kimi Raikkonen 4/7 vs. Juan Pablo Montoya 5/4 * Tiago Monteiro 5/6 vs. Narain Karthikeyan 5/6 Match-bets from Skybet: * Christijan Albers 8/13 vs. Patrick Friesacher 6/5 * Fernando Alonso 8/11 vs. Michael Schumacher (evens) * Jenson Button 8/11 vs. Giancarlo Fisichella (evens) * David Coulthard 8/11 vs. Felipe Massa (evens) * Nick Heidfeld 8/11 vs. Mark Webber (evens) * Narain Karthikeyan N 8/11 vs. Taigo Montiero (evens) * Kimi Raikkonen 4/6 vs. Juan Pablo Montoya 11/10 * Jarno Trulli 8/11 vs. Ralf Schumacher (evens) http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/results/index_new.html I'm on Albers at 8/13 to beat Friesacher. Albers' car seems to be able to last the pace slightly better than Friesacher's or at least not have a mechanical fault quicker than his teammate. Putting it in a double with Coulthard at 8/11 to beat Massa. He did it last week although it's been a slight coin-flip for the last seven races.

Re: Canadian Grand Prix I like the look of Barichello to do well today, he is starting last on the grid, but i reckon he could get at least a points finish, 11/10 and i reckon 25/1 is more than fair to finish on the podium, i reckon he will satrt on low fuel and providing he doesnt have a prang early on trying to hard, i feel he could overtake at least 5 cars in the first 2/3 laps.

Re: Canadian Grand Prix 'Pints finish' - Odds from Stan James: Alonso, Fernando 1/5 Raikkonen, Kimi 1/4 Montoya, Juan Pablo 1/3 Schumacher, Michael 1/3 Fisichella, Giancarlo 2/5 Heidfeld, Nick 8/11 Barrichello, Rubens 4/6 Trulli, Jarno 8/13 Webber, Mark 5/6 Button, Jenson 1/3 Schumacher, Ralf 8/11 Coulthard, David 6/4 Sato, Takuma 4/6 Massa, Felipe 9/4 Klien, Christian 5/1 Villeneuve, Jacques 7/4 Karthikeyan, Narain 25/1 Monteiro, Tiago 25/1 Albers, Christijan 33/1 Freisacher, Patrick 33/1 Need a car that's reliable and a bit of luck that there's no mechanical failure or an accident/crash. I've gone for a £30 treble on Juan Pablo Montoya at 1/3, Fernando Alonso at 1/5, Michael Schumacher at 1/3 at odds of 17/15.

Re: Canadian Grand Prix Bloody 'ell! A double blowout from Renault! AGAIN!! :puke Also wrong side of a coinflip as Massa looks likely to get a points finish. :sad Ralf Schumacher looks good enough just to get into the points at eighth position.

Re: Canadian Grand Prix dbl blowout again??? Alonso was the only driver to finish all races so far and actually he also got into the points so this is the first race he will not finish - due to his own fault that is to say:(

dbl blowout again??? Alonso was the only driver to finish all races so far and actually he also got into the points so this is the first race he will not finish - due to his own fault that is to say:(
Fisc ruined renaults chances really, made alonso go mad.

Oh good Gawd! Montoya gets a black flag for his trouble and is out of the race! Can Michael Schumacher really win?!
Bloody hell, why didn't Button crash out 10-15 laps earlier... :lol

Re: Canadian Grand Prix Went to the race today. Had a fantastic day, really great atmosphere. Unfortunately i backed Schumi for the win. How the hell he got such a close second i'll never know. Very interesting race. Kimi wins but by rights could easily have only been 4th. Alonso looked pretty set, but Montoya was also driving a great race until the safety car, without their probs dont think on pace Kimi would have beaten either of them. Indianapolis should also be a very close race next weekend. With the Mclarens and Alonso fighting it out for the win, with Fisi and Schumi just behind them.

Re: Canadian Grand Prix Nice tip Paul Ross an 8/13 winner recieved with 5 replies with pats on the back. Only just beaten by an 11/10 and a 25/1 shot that i tipped and not a mention by anyone, for anyone that cares i couldnt get 25's as it was all gone already but managed to get 19/1 on betfair which i layed off partly on betfair to ensure a profit either way on the outcome. It seems that its starting to get round here thats its not what you tip its who's tipping it.

Re: Canadian Grand Prix Congratulations, Joe, sorry I missed your post and tips..... I got Paul's sent directly to my inbox by subscribing, (for free!), to www.sports-punter.com. I'll pay attention, in the future, I am sure every pl'er appreciates all the fellow punters who give their opinions and tips, successful or otherwise, free of charge. Over 90% of my tips lose and I never get any acknowledgement....... :\

Nice tip Paul Ross an 8/13 winner recieved with 5 replies with pats on the back. Only just beaten by an 11/10 and a 25/1 shot that i tipped and not a mention by anyone, for anyone that cares i couldnt get 25's as it was all gone already but managed to get 19/1 on betfair which i layed off partly on betfair to ensure a profit either way on the outcome. It seems that its starting to get round here thats its not what you tip its who's tipping it.
5/6. ;) I didn't see the race Joe, as I fell asleep, probably why I didn't give you a "pat on the back". Surprised he was 25/1 - big odds for Rubens that.

Re: Canadian Grand Prix joe - the thing may be there were not many who followed the tip that's why no pats on the back - well done mate, he did the biz in the end and that's what matters - in fact he never looked in it and was driving horrendously till the SC appeared on track, but both Ferraris made the best of the chance given to them (only just MSch probably would have liked to win it which didn't happen). Good call;)

Re: Canadian Grand Prix I just read through this thread and I didn't mean to come across as an arsehole, its just the bet I put on looked extremely good value although I only managed to get a little under 20/1, I just felt that because some people have higher post count or are Mods they get more respect or are listen to more highly,which I find annoying I think this site is very very good but find it can be a little clicky!!!!:sad

Re: Canadian Grand Prix It is certainly not cliquey in here, joe. Sometimes a very good value bet is missed by many. This said, I remeber your post and TBH was of quite different opinion - even 20/1 (rather 18/1 which was available) was not good value if you ask me and 11/10 for the points was an absolute joke - don't take it as aftereventing but you are kinda asking why so I'm answering (putting forward my point of view anyway). Don't forget both Renault retired due to engine fault - Fisi - and drivers fault - Alo - which you wouldn't have expected. Plus, both Ferraris were extremely lucky the SC was called in. You got your winner so enjoy. BTW, Paul is not an F1 man, rather a snooker in-the-know guy, but probably many felt his RSch pick was better presented/better value - I personally found it extremely good value - 5/6 when 10th on the grid compared to 11/10 when Bar started out of the grid;) Anyway, I'm sure more of us will look forward to your next pick - and expect an easy 25/1 winner at that;)

Re: Canadian Grand Prix I disagree to be honest, Barichello is obviously in the ferrari and the only reason he was starting last in the pits is because he had gear box problems and had to start from the back, providing the car lasted he was always going to stand an exeleent chance to at least get in the points, as the smaller teams near the back are usally very poor, so you could wipe out at least 5 cars there that would move him up to 15th, i would say at least 3 cars in the top 15 in the starting grid were likely to have car trouble and retire, 2 also on average would crash,thats 13th then the ferrari are the most astute team regarding pit stops so thats another couple of places thats not even taking into account barichello being a top driver too, I will admit he was very lucky to make the podium, but the bet i placed was always intended as a bet to lay on Betfair, like I said in my initial post 25/1 for a podium finish was value and I stand by that. I would say if no-one replies to tips/hunches/value sugestions like mine then fellow investers/gamblers/punters like myself will probably not feel welcome and likely to hang around which I think is a shame as like I said I like the place, I think creaming Mods arses is not neede just my opinion. Joe Mavis