Sunday Racing -

We have a decent card at Naas today with 2 graded races and a very competitive handicap chase. It's great to see Nicky Richards have a couple of runners and Simply Ned should go well in the 4.05. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Twinlight come back to form either.

Market Rasen is tricky but Winner Massagot should oblige the 3.20 to land the Nap. I see Nicky Henderson has took a couple up there and should win the first with Chocca Wocca. Ffos Las is very heavy just for a change and the Welsh trainers should be followed, every meeting either Bowen, Curtis, Flint or Williams seem to fight out the finish of most races. Not a bad system!

Nap: 320 Market Rasen: Winner Massagot 5/4 Skybet

Short price but i'm after getting in the top 16 so happy to find a solid selection like this on a Sunday. He probably needs to win today to get into the handicaps at the Festival only being rated 132. A nice 7lb penalty her would be ideal so you would have to think the King yard has targeted this. The yard do well here too and the opposition is only average, don't forget tis horse beat Ravin Black at Ascot in November and that horse has won twice since. Made a bad mistake last time which ruined his race and can make amends.

Went down on the last leg at Ascot yesterday so lets have a go at the Ffos Las Pot

56c98ae540ece_ScreenShot2016-02-21at10.0

I was looking at the two novice hurdles first up at Fos Las and MR for a big priced EW shot for the Naps comp but nothing appealed to me. ( For the comp I think you've got be looking at 25/1 and above for EW selections)

But at smaller odds and more suitable maybe for betting I quite like this one.....

MR 2.10 - For Goodness Sake - EW at 12/1 bog bet365

There's only 4 horses here under 100/1 and my selection is the outsider of those 4. You have a Henderson hot pot making hurdles debut after nearly a year off, one carrying a penalty and one who was poor on the flat but finished placed in a couple of ordinary hurdles. You'd hope that at least one of them wouldn't finish in the places

My horse won on the flat in Ireland on soft ground, finished 2nd on hurdles debut then flopped on heavy ground when a short price second time out. The connections stated that he didn't handle the heavy ground. Take that run out and he'd be 2nd favourite here

I've tried to fit in a 'do the hippy, hippy, shake '........but I'll leave it at that !

:D