** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Welsh Open - Feb 15-21

Fader

Good start with Hull winning 4-2 and Brecel coming though 4-3. One more for tonight. 

2.5pts B.Woollaston -1.5 frames to beat J.Cope 11/10 Skybet
Head-2-head for these two reads 3-1 to Woollaston, however you can discount two of the matches. One was back in 2010 and another was at the snooker shoot-out which is practically rolling a dice to see who wins. However the other two were both matches similar to his format and Woollaston won them both 4-1. The most recent of those was only last year so I'm taking Woollaston to continue that form. He already has a last 16 spot under his belt this year and has already beaten the likes of Shaun Murphy.

2.5pts K.Doherty to beat D.Gilbert 19/10 888sport
Ken Doherty has started this year pretty well. Edged out narrowly in the Seniors tournament in the last 16 against eventual winner, Mark Davis, he then went to the last 32 of the German Masters also, losing to Maguire. The only bad match you'd say was the performance in the China Open where he lost to Rhys Clark. Both these players won there first match 4-0. The odds surprise me though as if you look at the two head-2-heads here, Ken won both 4-0 and 5-0 so for me there is definitely some value in Doherty.

Very poor from Joyce. Missing a black to go 1-1. He has plenty of chances. I'm sticking with Ben Woollaston for the 8pm games. 

5pts B.Woollaston -1.5 frames to beat A.Burden 11/10 Skybet
Ben looked good in the previous round winning comfortably 4-0. Burden managed to beat Dominic Dale 4-3 in his previous round. head-2-head shows us they have played seven times and Ben has won 2 of the last 3 (can't count snooker shootout 10min frame) including a 4-1 win here in this event only last year. Same again please, Ben.

Wins for Ken Doherty (4-3) and Ben Woollaston (4-1) gives us 2/3 today. Higgins through and I believe the only man to not lose a frame at the moment with another 4-0 and Luca Brecel also got through 4-3 to play Shaun Murphy next. +7.75pts today. +14.90pts for the WelshOpen.

2.5pts K.Doherty to beat J.Perry 12/5 Coral
Also avaliable is Ken +1.5 at 11/10 but I'm always looking for the bigger price personally. Doherty shares a good head-2-head with Perry winning 5 of the last 6. Doherty looks good in this event and to be honest she should of won his last match 4-1 only to let Gilbert back in and have to win in on a deciding frame. Perry beat Li Hang easy enough but Hang isn't really to the same standard as Gilbert to compare. I think the price is far too big on Doherty and again well worth a look

4pts J.Higgins -2.5 frames to beat M.Georgiou Evens Betvictor
These two have played 3 times and Higgins has won 4-0, 4-2 and 5-2. However, last two matches have been 2-2 after 4 and I don't expect it to be that here. Higgins is playing so well at the moment I expect a 4-0/4-1 here and Higgins to sail through to play Wenbo. 

3pts M.Selt to beat D.Junhui 2/1 Stanjames
Ding seems to be stumbling his way through yet another tournament and in my eyes he was lucky to get through against Swail trailing 3-2 to win 4-3. Selt has played Ding twice and both were won by Selt. Good value on Selt

2.5pts B.Woollaston -1.5 frames to beat A.Hamilton 11/10 Skybet
Sticking with Ben here. Three head-2-heads between these two all won by Woollaston and he is looking good this tournament only dropping one frame. Hamilton has beaten Bingham and Allan Taylor and got a century in his last match but Woollaston I expect to see this match through 4-1/4-2.

4pts L.Brecel to beat S.Murphy 7/4 Bet365
Value on Brecel. Murphy isn't playing well atall and has practically blagged his way through so far. Brecel has far from been brilliant but he has taken his chances well and is on abit of a run at the moment getting into 2 finals in his last 2 tournaments. Should be a close match.

That's me done for the night. Not a bad day in the end. Best of it is another convincing win for Higgins who should of won 4-0 again really (was a fluke red to start Georgious frame) also Luca Brecel comes through against Shaun Murphy to set up a meeting with Ding Junhui. Had alot of unlucky ones today. Woollaston not covering the handicap after being 2-0 up (wins 4-3) and Selt having many chances at 3-3 and still loses 4-3. Quite annoying but a profit on the day

+15pts for the day and +29.90pts for the Welsh Open.

Last 16 now then : 

4pts M.Fu to beat N.Robertson 7/4 Bet365
Should be a close one this as Neil doesn't look his best in this event. He has only managed 1 century so far this week and that's not like him atall. He has had a couple of 70s but I think the fact he has played lower ranked players has helped him get through. Fu is playing well this week. He has hit a couple of centuries and also hit an 80 and a few 70s so he should be able to keep this tight atleast.

5pts J.Higgins -1.5 frames to beat M.White Evens Bet365
I fancy Higgins to see off Michael White here. The defending champion has looked as good as anyone this week (barring Ronnie) and his head-2-head with White shows two matches both won by Higgins 5-0 and 5-1. Higgins has hit 4 centuries in his 3 matches and thats in matches where there was only 4 legs in 2 of the 3. Higgins 4-1/4-2 for me.

5pts R.O'Sullivan -2.5 frames to beat Yu De Lu 4/5 BetVictor
2pts R O'Sullivan to win 4-0 3/1 Betfred

I'm taking Ronnie to continue his amazing form. Again, De Lu may get a frame if Ronnie continues to go for everything but I can't imagine more than that. Alot of players have just been overawed by Ronnie this week and I think that'll be the same today. Maybe in the next round Selby or Williams can give Ronnie a proper game.

4pts L.Brecel to beat D.Junhui 6/4 Betway
Taking my man Luca again here. He got abit of luck in the match vs Shaun but importantly he took his chances. Ding, still doesn't fill me with confidence. Head-2-head shows just the one match back in 2013 which Ding won but that is a long time in snooker, as Brecel as progressed alot in the last year.