Saturday Racing - Feb 13th

A look ahead to Saturday see if we can come up with some more nice winners;

2.25 Newbury: Denman Chase

Verdict:

Not the best Denman Chase you will ever see and it’s difficult to find anything in decent form of late. The favourite is Rocky Creek, at first glance it looks terrible value but you soon begin to realise the opposition are pretty weak this year and it may not be the worst bet in the world. However, I’d like to take him on with Houblon Des Obeaux on this occasion as I reckon that horse is just about to turn the corner and come back to form. He won’t mind the ground and runs well here at Newbury. Of the outsiders I’s side with Splash Of Ginge who if sorting his jumping out could run much better than his mark of 141 might suggest.

Selection: Houblon Des Obeaux 7/2 at Ladbrokes

3.00 Newbury: Game Spirit Chase

Verdict:

Extremely difficult to argue against Dodging Bullets but backing 8/13 shots after an injury is not high my list of things to do in life. I’d sooner take the 17/2 for Cheltenham glory as if he wins here he will surely be around the 5/1-6/1 mark.

Dodging Bullets 17/2 for the Champion Chase with Stan James

Anyway for this race the value has to be with Captain Conan at around 11/2. He was the best of these as a novice chaser by some way and was well fancied to win the Champion Chase in 2014 before he suffered an injury early on in the contest. He looked in need of the run at Haydock last month and this is D-Day as far his Festival hopes are concerned. If anywhere near back to his best he can give Dodger a run for his money.

Selections;

Captain Conan 11/2 with 888Sport

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.